Basic utilities, like running water and electricity, are lacking, but those who remained in the town celebrated the victory regardless.
The group have encircled the northeastern city of Maiduguri for an assault ahead of the presidential vote.
The FCC unanimously votes for improved indoor location for emergency calls, worrying civil liberties advocates.
- World Donetsk People's Republic Has ‘Full Support of Texas’, Says Pro-Russian Rebel
- Opinion Is a Strong Dollar Good for Americans?
- Culture Biopic of Prophet Muhammad Divides Sunni and Shia Muslims
- World Lack of Co-ordination Leaves EU ‘Vulnerable’ to Jihadists Posing as Refugees
- Opinion How Iran Is Coping With Sagging Oil Prices
- World Photos: Despite Kurdish Victory Over ISIS, Kobani Remains in Rubble
- Sports Is This the Year the NFL Bubble Bursts?
- World Litvinenko’s Murder ‘Part of a Policy of Assassinating Defectors’
- World Greece Says It Won't Co-Operate With Troika or Seek Aid Extension
- Opinion Normalizing Relations With Cuba: The Unfinished Agenda
- World Boko Haram Encircles City of Two Million Ahead of Elections
- Tech & Science Will New 911 Location Requirements Compromise Privacy?
- U.S. Mitt Romney Will Not Seek 2016 Nomination
- World Islamic State Launches Attack on Kirkuk
- Culture Backstreets Boys to Men
- World Italian Mafia Boss Found Hiding in Attic in Rome
- World Moroccan Magazine Dresses Hollande as Hitler, Two Days After Auschwitz Anniversary
- Sports Googling Tom Brady’s Paycheck and Other Pressing Super Bowl Questions
- World Belgium Holds Four After Raids on Syrian Recruiting Cell
- World Italy Votes for President After Renzi Shrugs Off Berlusconi
- World Japan and Jordan Seek News on Fate of Islamic State Captives
- World Man Wielding Pistol Arrested at Dutch National Broadcaster
- World ISIS Wing Claims Responsibility For Egypt Attacks That Killed 27
- World U.S. Congress Questions Plan to Admit Syrian Refugees
- U.S. Here are Amendments Padding the Keystone XL Bill
- Opinion What Are the Iranians Doing in Iraq?
- Tech & Science Senate Defies Obama’s Veto Threat, Votes to Approve Keystone XL
- Sports The Marshawn Chronicles: Lynch Speaks! Tells Media to Go Away
- Opinion Will Syriza’s Victory in Greece Mean Easing Austerity?
- U.S. Report: Possible Ebola Patient Admitted to Sacramento Hospital