His mother believes Ismaaiyl Brinsley suffered from mental illness, he had tried to kill himself by hanging a year ago.
Barack Obama and Bill de Blasio condemned the shooting of two NYPD officers, while a union rep for the police department said de Blasio has blood on his hands.
The incident followed another attack on police and France is on high alert for further incidents
- World German Journalist Returns From Time With ISIS With Chilling Stories
- World French ‘Lone Wolf’ Attacks Highlight Growing Threat
- Tech & Science You Can Now Convert Your MP3s to Vinyl Records
- Business The Fed’s Special Cookie Jar
- World Scottish Labour Facing Wipe-Out as SNP Polls Record High
- World Masked Robbers Raid Berlin's Most Iconic Department Store
- World Podemos to Offer Referendum on Spanish Monarchy
- World In Pictures: Behind the Scenes at Luton Town FC
- World Driver Slams Car into Pedestrians in France Whilst Shouting 'Allahu Akbar'
- World Rival Contests Essebsi's Victory in Tunisian Election
- World Food Banks in Britain: "People Would Have Died If We Had Not Been Here"
- World Man Protests on Ledge of St. Peter's in Vatican
- U.S. What We Know About the Gunman Who Killed 2 NY Officers
- U.S. Over 50,000 Sign Petition for de Blasio's Resignation
- U.S. New York Sports Teams Come Out in Support of NYPD
- U.S. A Brief History of Violent Deaths in the NYPD
- U.S. Christmas Cards From Prison
- Culture Our Favorite Films of 2014: Newsweek Staff Picks
- World Egypt Allows Travelers From Gaza For First Time Since October
- U.S. Cell Phone Video Shows Aftermath of NYPD Shooting
- U.S. Barack and Bill: The Best of Frenemies
- U.S. Obama, Other Leaders Condemn Killing of NYPD Officers
- Tech & Science You Look Stupid Taking a Photo With Your iPad, But It’s OK
- U.S. Obama Says Sony Hack Not An Act of War
- Tech & Science The Year in Video Games (and the Best of 2014)
- World Reading ‘Frankenstein’ in Baghdad
- World U.S.-Led Forces Launch Air Strikes in Iraq, Syria
- U.S. Gunman Kills Two New York Police Officers in Possible Revenge Attack
- U.S. The Operators of America’s Largest Immigrant Detention Center Have A History of Inmate Abuse
- Opinion Pixelated Prostitution: Feminist Sex Work Debate Bleeds Into Video Games