The militant group has allegedly murdered Kenji Goto Jogo, a well-respected Japanese journalist.
The sides have held only one meeting since agreeing to a ceasefire in September.
This Sunday is for the birds.
- Opinion Fighting Denial and Suspicion in France
- World Islamic State Releases Second Hostage Beheading Video: Report
- Tech & Science Ahoy, the Pirate Bay Has Returned
- Culture The Israel Air Force and the Americans Who Helped Make It
- World Is Pakistan Really Cracking Down on Terrorism?
- Opinion Five Years After Citizens United, Signs of a Backlash
- World Germany Rejects Idea of Greece Debt Writedown
- World Ukraine, Rebels Hold Fresh Peace Talks as Fighting Rages
- Sports America’s Saddest Fan Is Attending Every Knicks Game
- Culture Faroe Islands Takes Nordic Cuisine to the Limits
- Opinion Reclaiming the Prophet Muhammad in Iran
- World British Health Worker Tested for Ebola After Needle Injury
- World Tens of Thousands Rally for Spain's Podemos Before Elections
- Culture Q&A: Director Sacha Jenkins on Hip-Hop Doc “Fresh Dressed”
- Opinion If We All Eat Meat, We’re Doomed
- Culture Libraries Dust Off Quiet Image With Innovations
- World Anatomy of a CIA Assassination
- World Venezuela Confirms Shooting Down Small Civilian Plane Near Aruba
- World Al-Qaeda and Western-Backed Syrian Rebels Clash
- Opinion Russia: It’s Time for Regime Change
- Tech & Science In Honor of the Super Bowl, the 16 Most Superb Owls of All Time
- Sports 'Play on Our Team': Gay Dating App Goes to Super Bowl
- World Donetsk People's Republic Has ‘Full Support of Texas’, Says Pro-Russian Rebel
- Opinion Is a Strong Dollar Good for Americans?
- Culture Biopic of Prophet Muhammad Divides Sunni and Shia Muslims
- World Lack of Co-ordination Leaves EU ‘Vulnerable’ to Jihadists Posing as Refugees
- Opinion How Iran Is Coping With Sagging Oil Prices
- World Photos: Despite Kurdish Victory Over ISIS, Kobani Remains in Rubble
- Sports Is This the Year the NFL Bubble Bursts?
- World Litvinenko’s Murder ‘Part of a Policy of Assassinating Defectors’