- The president’s infrastructure plan is (a) too small; (b) unworkable; (c) a giveaway to the rich; (d) all of the above.
- The GOP’s latest plan to kill Obamacare could hurt the fight against opioid addiction just as it shows signs of progress.
- For years, the only way to get to St. Helena was a slow and expensive British mail ship that departs from Cape Town about once a month and takes nearly six days.
- Le Pen is way down in the polls. But her base is energized, and as the French economy sputtersr and fears of Islamist militants grow, it may be too soon to discount her chances.
- In Israel and the West Bank, private security guards are increasingly common, from tightly patrolled government buildings to illegal Jewish settlements.
- The country’s reliance on oil has destroyed its economy, and analysts say the same may happen with mining.
- A professor at Ben-Gurion University in Israel is developing a tiny robot that will be able to crawl through the intestinal tract.
- NASA scientists announced today that Enceladus, the sixth-largest moon of Saturn, has hydrothermal vents that are actively releasing hydrogen. Because such ecosystems are known to support life, the discovery confirms that Enceladus is a habitable environment.
- If she had stayed, she says, “probably by now I’d be dead and buried.”