- In the Boyle Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles, artists and activists have faced off in a pitched battle about the future of the city.
- Observers warn of a repeat of violence that killed some 1,300 people at the 2007 elections.
- Authorities are facing mass opposition to plans to forcibly remove residents from their homes in favor of new construction that many say will only benefit rich developers and their partners in government.
- About 30 percent of the world's seafood consists of cheaper fish being sold as a more expensive alternative.
- Cheaper soda is likely to lead to higher rates of obesity, diabetes and cancer worldwide, according to a new report from the CDC and American Cancer Society.
- The Italian director discusses his passion for an art form that he sees not as an elitist luxury but as a human necessity.
- Taking back the franchise he created, it falls to Scott, to bring the series back to horror of the goriest variety.