- COVER STORYUntil the West crushes ISIS’s ideology, bombings like the one in Manchester are going to continue—and maybe become more common.
- State assistance programs can make life bearable again for caregivers in remote areas struggling to provide around-the-clock help.
- In the township of Manenberg, one of the worst precincts in South Africa for drug crime, completing high school is a rare achievement.
- After years of silence, a former CIA operative speaks out about Castro, Oswald and the assassination of JFK.
- Data, as pundits like to say, is the new oil. And Apple is falling behind its competitors, just as it moves into a gleaming $5 billion headquarters.
- California will be the first state to completely ban hunting with lead bullets after decades of arguments between hunters, environmentalists and regulators.