Lance Bass, former 'N Sync boy bander, came out in 2006. Now, naturally, he has a memoir, called "Out of Sync." He told all—for real—to Ramin Setoodeh.
1. None of his ex-bandmates is likely to finish his book: "The guys don't like to read. In fact, I just saw Joey [Fatone] last night, and I was like, haven't you read the book yet? He's like, I'm on chapter five and I've been on that chapter for two weeks."
2. He's not exactly a wordsmith himself: "I'm terrible at putting sentences together. I know exactly what I want to say and all the stories, but I don't know how to put it in book form, so I got help from an author."
3. He'd love for 'N Sync to reunite: "I'd do it in a heartbeat. We're just waiting for Justin [Timberlake]. I think his No. 1 concern would be this whole boy band stigma that he got over."
4. He still wants to go into outer space: "I have to find the right mission. The good thing is, I've done all the training so all I would have to do is a refresher course. I'm not scared at all."
5. He came out to Britney Spears on her (first) wedding night: "She was in Vegas, she'd just gotten married for fun. It clicked in her head, "What did I do?" It's one of the moments when you see your friend crying and you want them to feel better, so I decided to reveal something. She was happy for me. I haven't talked to her since then, but it's not because I came out to her. She's in a different place right now. She doesn't want anyone in her life who's going to say no."
6. He and his ex, Reichen Lehmkuhl, aren't exactly friends: "Every single person I've dated, girl or guy, I'm really close with, except for the last one. He definitely broke my heart. After, you look back and say, Was I that stupid? I did see him at an event in April. He had a new boyfriend. I think he had this one well before we broke up, but whatever."
7. He's still looking for love: "Maybe twice in my life have I ever been asked out on a date. I don't know if people are scared. I have no clue. The guy that I'm seeing now had the nerve. It was great."
8. He wants to go bi again: "I'm renting in New York. But I'm definitely going to get a place to do six months in L.A. and six months in New York. Yeah, I'll be bi—bicoastal—again."