The exercise was planned prior to Russia's annexation of Ukraine's Crimea region.
The holiday weekend marks the start of some stupid behavior and many emergency room visits.
John Nash, 86, and his wife Alicia, 82, were ejected from a taxi in New Jersey.
- U.S. For Memorial Day, One Veteran’s Story
- World Iraq, Syria Battle to Keep ISIS at Bay
- Opinion A Video Tribute to Our Veterans on Memorial Day
- World U.S., European Fighter Jets Begin Arctic Exercise Near Russia
- Culture Meet Boris Grebenshchikov, the Soviet Bob Dylan
- World Tunisian Soldier Shot Dead After Killing Seven Colleagues at Army Base
- Tech & Science Why Tomato Juice Tastes Better On Planes
- Opinion Feckless and Timid? Or Shrewd and Skillful? Obama’s Foreign Policy Assessed
- World No Rest for the Rohingya of Myanmar
- Opinion Frankenstein Has Been Given a Bad Rap—And Science Suffers
- Culture Tribute to the Grateful Dead's Jerry Garcia
- Opinion The Many Faces of Singapore
- Culture Why ‘The Movie Version’ Should Be Forgiven
- U.S. Body of Missing Kayaker Believed Found in Hudson River
- Opinion Why Do Students Cheat? A Dean Explains
- Culture 'Beautiful Mind' Mathematician Perishes in Car Accident
- Tech & Science Study: Dogs, Humans Have Been Friends For 30,000 Years
- Opinion Taxpayers Beware: Bidding Wars for NFL Teams Are Losing Bets
- Culture 15 Must-See Events at BookCon 2015
- Tech & Science Why Does Your Chocolate Taste So Bad?
- Culture In 'The Subprimes,' the 99% Fights Back
- U.S. 71 Arrested in Cleveland Protests
- Opinion California’s Drought: There Will Never Be Enough Water
- World Poland Presidential Run-Off Too Close to Call
- U.S. Ben Carson Prevails in GOP Straw Poll
- Culture Return of the Polter-zeitgeist
- Tech & Science The Booming Market for Breast Milk
- Culture New Book Calls for Sexual Revolution in the Middle East
- Culture Photos: The Intense Psychedelia of the Grateful Dead’s Poster Art
- Tech & Science Twitter Hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen Sparks Firestorm