Five Naked Suspects Charged After Bizarre Alleged Attempt to Kidnap Father, Mother and Six-Week-Old Baby

Three people are to be charged on Thursday in a bizarre case that saw a group of five naked people allegedly attempt to kidnap a man, a woman and their six-week-old baby in western Canada.

The three suspects—a 27-year-old man and two women, aged 35 and 30—are due to appear in Leduc court in Alberta on Thursday on charges of kidnapping and resisting arrest, Global News reported.

The charges relate to a curious incident that took place on Monday. At around 9:30 a.m., an adult female and male were forced into a vehicle along with their baby at a residence in Leduc County, according to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).

While the car was being driven, the man—who was in the trunk of the vehicle—managed to escape. The woman and baby escaped shortly afterwards, though it is not clear how. None of the three alleged victims were injured.

A passerby—who worked for local firm LPH Industrial—offered to assist the escapees and secured them in his truck. The father, mother and baby appeared distressed and were not wearing any shoes, according to Derek Scott, a managing partner at LPH Industrial who spoke to the worker who assisted the people, Global News reported.

The suspects’ car then rammed into the rear of the truck at around 9:47 a.m. in Nisku, a nearby industrial area, but the car ended up in a ditch.

 

 

The RCMP arrested five people at the site of the collision, all of whom were naked at the time of the arrest. Scott told Global News that—despite temperatures in the region being around the minus-10 degrees Celsius (14 degrees Fahrenheit) mark—the suspects had no clothing. “The guy had to do the walk of shame in front of everybody, then two more women did the walk of shame in front of everybody...then the one lady was the last to be removed—she put up the biggest fight,” said Scott.

Four of the five arrested were taken to hospital and officials said that drugs and/or alcohol were being considered as possible factors in the case.

The RCMP said it believed that the attempted kidnapping was a “targeted incident” and that “all parties were known to each other.” It added that two teenage girls who were in the suspects’ car had been released without charge, and that the three accused were not being identified so as to protect the identities of the youths.

Join the Discussion