This week New York's Museum of Modern Art opens MoMA QNS, the temporary outpost that will serve artgoers until its new $800 million Manhattan building opens in 2005. While you are there, check out these other Queens hot spots.
1. Isamu Noguchi Museum, Sunnyside 718-204-7088. This Japanese-American artist's sculptures have a calming Zen quality. (Take the No. 7 train to 33d Street.)
2. Socrates Sculpture Park, Long Island City 718-956-1819. Breathtaking views of Manhattan, and art you can climb on. (On weekends, take a shuttle bus from Noguchi or MoMA.)
3. Uncle George's, Astoria 718-626-0593. Just one of dozens of Athenian tavernas in this Greek neighborhood. Feast on cheese pies and roasted goat. (Take the N train to Broadway.)
4. The Unisphere and the Queens Museum, Flushing 718-592-9700. The site of the 1964 World's Fair also boasts a scale model of New York City. (Take the No. 7 train to 111th Street.)
5. Ben Faremo, the Lemon Ice King of Corona 718-699-5133. Cherry, blueberry, pina colada--you name it, he's got it. (A 15-minute walk from the Unisphere.)