Arsenal Sees £56 Million Bid For Italian Star Striker Rejected

Arsenal has had a £56 million bid for Italian striker Andrea Belotti rejected by Torino, according to the Serie A club’s sporting director.

Gianluca Petrachi told Sky in Italy that the Premier League club’s bid for the 23-year-old Belotti did not “reflect the value of the player” and insisted “he is going nowhere for now.”

Belotti has impressed in Serie A this season, scoring 17 goals in 21 matches for his club and country.

Arsene Wenger Arsene Wenger at Deepdale, Preston, January 7. Wenger is said to have bid for Italian striker Andrea Belotti. Reuters / Alan Walter

Arsene Wenger, the Arsenal manager, was keen to bring in attacking reinforcements in the summer transfer window, signing Spaniard Lucas Perez.

Wenger has so far refused to comment on his club’s reported interest in Belotti. The winter transfer window closes on January 31.

Join the Discussion