- After the Paris attacks, it’s clear that some lives are considered more important than others.
- The attacks killed dozens of people in a heavily-populated area of Beirut.
- The explosions were the first attacks in more than a year to target a Hezbollah stronghold inside Lebanon.
- Abdul Haleem al-Kader was selling pens on Beirut's streets when a crowdfunding campaign raised more than $128,000 for his family.
- The government closed Beirut's primary landfill on August 17th and the resulting stench gave the protest its name.
- An explosion shook the southern suburbs of the Lebanese capital Beirut on Monday night, residents said.