- Evidence seems to contradict the secretary of state nominee and former Exxon Mobil CEO's claims at confirmation hearing.
- American diplomats documented some of Rex Tillerson’s global dealings in State Department cables leaked to WikiLeaks in 2010.
- The SEC is investigating whether the oil giant ignores or lies about how market fluctuations affect its profits.
- Sowing doubt about fossil fuels' effect on climate change has parallels to the tobacco industry's deception on the dangers of smoking.
- "The world is going to have to continue using fossil fuels, whether they like it or not," said the energy giant's CEO.
- Unless Mexico invites in foreign oil investors soon, a country with the world’s second-largest untapped crude reserves could become a net energy importer.