- The two-month expedition will drill into the seafloor to find out more about the submerged “continent.”
- The borehole revealed extreme underground heat and fluid pressure that could be used as a source of geothermal energy.
- Earth's magnetic field has reversed periodically throughout the planet's history. Now, we're a little closer to understanding why.
- A week after the U.K. formally began the process of exiting the EU, geologists look at Britain's original split from mainland Europe.
- Catalina is descending into the Pacific as two small plates move apart from each other.
- Bridgmanite is buried deep in the planet’s lower mantle, making it nearly impossible to study.