- Images of horror, hope and humanity brought home the scope of the storm’s devastation.
- The then-Baltimore Mayor pitched in to help New Orleans.
- Bush said he was there to remind the country what strong leadership means.
- Obama compared the recovery of New Orleans after Katrina to America's ongoing recovery from the recession of 2007.
- David Spielman's photographs capture scenes of post-Katrina destruction in New Orleans.
- In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, opportunistic, bureaucratic, racist and politicized rebuilding plans kicked New Orleans when it was down.
- After Katrina, a Canadian millionaire tried to create an agrarian Shangri-la.