- Using Hinglish is not a choice. Speakers cannot speak monolingual Hindi or monolingual English.
- Factors like tree cover, temperature and the rugged terrain shaped how different our languages sound, according to new research.
- An update to Dictionary.com’s database includes words about cybercrime, pop culture and gaming.
- The animals vocalizations are difficult to hear, and they don’t talk very much.
- Researchers discovered urbanites from cities across the globe sound closer to each other than to their rural cousins at home