- The move could put the U.S. automaker on a collision course with President Donald Trump, who has made boosting auto employment a top priority.
- Even if the president is able to promote the expansion of manufacturing jobs, they're not necessarily coming to the Rust Belt towns that used to rely on them.
- Tesla’s Gigafactory is far from a typical manufacturing facility—the plant’s unique constraints outweigh the typical benefits that manufacturing companies seek when they move to or invest in a foreign nation.
- Does Trump want Americans to build things? Or does he want us digging with spoons?
- Ultra-customised products build themselves while car parts talk to each other in Europe's automated factories.