- The spectacle tends to peak between August 9 and 13.
- Chemical composition gave the meteor its green color, according to the Astronomical Society of Thailand.
- A little-known band of scientists are scanning the sky for killer asteroids and drawing up plans to save the world.
- Fireballs can be as bright as the sun and larger than a full moon
- Whole forests went extinct and the type of plant that flourished was never the same after the meteor strike
- The flashes were part of the annual Lyrid meteor shower and the rock disintegrated before it could hit the ground