- The U.S Commission on International Religious Freedom has designated Russia a "country of particular concern" for the first time.
- “The state of affairs for international religious freedom is worsening," according to a U.S. government body.
- Trump, speaking at a prayer breakfast attended by politicians, faith leaders and guests including Jordan's King Abdullah, said he wanted to prevent a "beachhead of intolerance" from spreading in the United States.
- Advocates believe an order is coming, despite a White House statement promising to protect the LGBT community.
- The framers understood the phenomenon of too much religious liberty and even had a name for it: licentiousness.