- Ford, a larger-than-life figure who smoked crack cocaine while in office, was hospitalized last week
- Rob Ford, who was hospitalized with an abdominal tumor this week, withdrew his candidacy for mayor and will instead run for a city council seat
- Last year, two media outlets said they had seen a video of the mayor smoking crack
- Pictures of the mayor of Toronto smoking crack cocaine were shown on an i-Pad in a car park at a late night rendezvous
- The deadly shooting of a drug gang member is linked to close aides of beleaguered but unbowed Rob Ford.