- ‘The notion that there is, or ever was, a cease-fire in eastern Ukraine is a farce.’
- The pro-Russian separatists have access to a radioactive bunker. Kiev fears they plan to weaponize it.
- Russia denies sending troops to help separatist fighters in east Ukraine and says Alexander Alexandrov went on his own.
- Attack puts pressure on G7 leaders meeting this weekend to tighten the sanctions against Putin and his oligarchs.
- Mariupol is on the road to Crimea, but taking the city is far beyond the rebels’ reach without Putin’s troops.
- President Petro Poroshenko announced air strikes and artillery assaults on pro-Russian separatists in eastern regions following the end of a ceasefire.