- Remains of a baby and an adult dating back 800 years were found in burial cocoons at the archaeological site.
- One of the endangered Siberian tigers survived a dangerous encounter with a dog.
- Three-year-old Tserin Dopchut slept under a larch tree and rationed his only chocolate bar.
- A nickel pipe burst may have colored Daldykan twice this summer.
- Once a giant penal colony for the Soviet Union, Siberia is flexing its independence from Moscow.
- Once thawed, it again became infectious, but it's not dangerous to humans.