- A medical startup has developed an experimental "SkinGun"—the world's first device to use a patient's stem cells to directly heal the skin.
- The infants were treated with genetically modified T cells but also received chemotherapy, making it difficult to say what cured them.
- When Bush banned federal money going into stem cell research, the states stepped in.
- Scientists said genetically-modified children could be "morally acceptable" in the future.
- The rising scientific star claimed to be able to produce stem cells from ordinary cells in simple laboratory procedures.