- May and June are peak months for tornadoes in North America—meteorologists explain why they happen and where to hide when they do.
- Thunderstorms and tornadoes threaten Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina.
- The worst-hit area was in Garland, northeast of Dallas, where eight people were killed.
- The low-frequency sound of intense storms can alert birds that they need to leave, post-haste.
- A tornado tore through the Mississippi town of Tupelo on Monday destroying homes and businesses
- Arkansas authorities said at least 10 people had died in the small town of Vilonia