- Yanukovych has not been back to Ukraine since fleeing for Russia in 2014.
- The Ukrainian government claims to have uncovered weapons used to kill over 100 pro-European protesters in 2014.
- Ukraine has dismissed claims by Yanukovych that he is in exile against his will.
- The toppled leader's lawyer said he is drafting a case to bring the ousted leader back.
- The American film maker called the portrayal of events in Ukraine “a surreal perversion of history”
- Moscow feared “that an interim government might make a move to NATO or might make a move against the Black Sea fleet”