Army Veteran Chris Mintz Praised as Hero for Preventing Oregon College Gunman From Entering Second ClassroomThe gunman was killed in a shootout with police.
- Nine people were killed and seven more seriously injured.
Hospital That Handled Louisiana Theater Shooting Sends Pizzas to Oregon Hospital After School ShootingThe continuous string of mass shootings has created a pizza tradition among hospitals.
- Many of the 20 presidential candidates joined in on the social media conversation.
- The threat of direct impact on areas from the Carolinas to mid-Atlantic U.S. states is decreasing, the National Hurricane Center said.
- Experts say media must use caution when reporting on shootings such as that at Umpqua Community College.
- Violent behavior may be a better predictor than mental illness of Umqua-style shootings.
- Below are some of the worst shooting incidents in recent years
- The shooter, who was not identified, shot him or herself.
- The 26-year-old died in a shoot out with police.
- Here's America's gun problem by the numbers.
- It’s still unclear whether this storm will hit the United States: Here’s how to stay up to date.
- A gunman opened fire at Umpqua Community College in Oregon earlier on Thursday.
- “We’re hoping for the best, but hope is not preparation nor is it a plan,” said North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory.
- Over a dozen people were injured.
- A gunman on Thursday opened fire at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon.
- The request follows the state's chemicals mix-up in the Richard Glossip case.
- We are socializing the costs of fires by having the federal government bear the fire protection costs.
- The 2012 Republican presidential nominee says he “darn” wishes he had appealed more to minorities.
- The shooter has been identified as Chris Harper Mercer.
- Recent controversy surrounding Planned Parenthood has forced it to increase security measures at health centers.
- While presenting himself as a tough guy, the GOP front-runner is quick to adopt false outrage.
Homicide Investigation Ongoing Into Death of Fox Lake Police Officer After Evidence Shows Signs of StruggleLieutenant Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was killed after tracking three suspects in early September.
- As Congress barely averts a government shutdown, six lawmakers compromise to reduce minimum drug sentences.
- Social events at the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity are on hold during the investigation.
- Roof is charged with the deaths of nine African Americans, killed in their church earlier this summer.
- John Boehner leaves in a few weeks, and the California congressman is almost sure to succeed him.
- Colorado is home to gun-huggers and pot smokers, pro-lifers and atheists—but running for the middle ground.
- The concern is revealed in the latest batch of Clinton's emails released by the State Department.
- Antonio Stiuso disappeared following the murky death of state prosecutor Alberto Nisman in January.