AEW's Sammy Guevara Issues Apology for Explicit Comment About Sasha Banks

All Elite Wrestling's Sammy Guevara is in hot water following an explicit remark made about WWE superstar Sasha Banks that resurfaced Monday.

In 2016, Guevara was a guest on the Raw's 4th Hour podcast when he made the remark after meeting Banks at a WWE tryout. Guevara said he "wanted to rape" Banks in reference to his apparent affections toward the former WWE Women's Champion.

You can hear the clip of Guevara's remark below.

Re-uploading this so as not to give the guy that focused on his fucking tryout instead of the fact that Sammy Guevara says he wanted to r*pe Sasha Banks any fucking clout or credit when he stayed quiet on this for 4 and a half years.
This is fucking disgusting. pic.twitter.com/dbG7QWErXB

— Bubba (@dubyacbub) June 22, 2020
all elite wrestling sammy guevara dynamie
Sammy Guevara on an episode of All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite All Elite Wrestling

The resurfaced remark made Sammy Guevara trend on social media Monday morning and comes off the heels of the #SpeakingOut movement, where women have shared stories of sexual harassment, assault and abuse, that began last week and has flipped the wrestling industry on its head.

Guevara has since issued a statement and apology regarding his comments, which you can read below.

I’ve made stupid, inappropriate and extremely offensive comments in my past. In my idiotic mind, I thought I was being funny in using words and terms that represent nothing but horror and pain. I am truly sorry for my hurtful words and actions, and I will never forgive myself.

— sammy guevara (@sammyguevara) June 22, 2020

Sasha Banks has also spoken out to address the controversy making the following statement on Twitter:

pic.twitter.com/g2MFur78Zg

— $asha Banks (@SashaBanksWWE) June 22, 2020

AEW has also responded by suspending Guevara without pay until further notice.

AEW statement on Sammy Guevara pic.twitter.com/11yL2QytF7

— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) June 22, 2020

Guevara isn't the only AEW wrestler to face backlash in the wake of the #SpeakingOut movement. Allegations of abuse against Jimmy Havoc appeared last week from the wrestler's former partner.

AEW put out this statement following the abuse allegations against Havoc:

"We wish Jimmy Havoc all the best as he receives treatment and counseling in an effort to overcome the mental health and substance abuse challenges in his life. We are aware of various reports related to Jimmy. We are evaluating his status with our company and will address it when he has successfully completed his rehabilitation."

This morning, Impact Wrestling star Joey Ryan deleted his Twitter account following numerous allegations of harassment and abuse from multiple people surfaced online. He released a statement over the weekend addressing the allegations.

Ryan also deleted BAR Wrestling's Twitter account, a promotion he started back in 2017. PWInsider is reporting that Ryan will not be returning to Impact Wrestling.

Abuse allegations against numerous wrestlers including David Starr--whose statement and Twitter account were deleted--and NXT UK stars Jordan Devlin and Travis Banks flooded social media late last week and over the weekend.

Devlin and Banks took to Twitter to release their own statements regarding allegations against them.

I didn't even want to address the hurtful allegation made against me, but for the sake of my followers and friends on this platform that may for whatever reason be unsure, I'm going to address this once.

1/3

— Jordan Devlin (@Jordan_Devlin1) June 19, 2020

This is my statement regarding Millie Mckenzie’s comments: pic.twitter.com/b0WaQW3E6Q

— Travis Banks (@Travis_BanksPW) June 20, 2020

Allegations against Matt Riddle, who WWE just moved from NXT to Friday Night SmackDown, also surfaced last week. Riddle put out his statement while WWE put out their own, which you can read below.

"Individuals are responsible for their own personal actions. WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault. Upon arrest for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately suspended. Upon conviction for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately terminated."

"WWE's ability to fine, suspend or terminate a WWE talent will not be, however, limited or compromised in any manner in the event incontrovertible evidence of such illegal misconduct is presented to WWE."

Jack Gallagher who was a star of WWE's 205 Live, was released by the promotion on Friday following allegations against him.

Update with comments from Sammy Guevara, Sasha Banks and AEW.