Charleston Shooter Dylann Roof's Sister Morgan to Protesting Classmates: 'I Hope...Y'All Get Shot'

Morgan Roof, the younger sister of the Charleston shooter Dylann Roof, was arrested after taking two weapons to school and posting to Snapchat that she hoped students protesting against gun violence in a nationwide walkout "get shot."

Roof, 18, showed up at A.C. Flora High School in South Carolina with a knife, pepper spray, and marijuana. She faces weapons and drugs charges. A judge released Roof on a $5,000 bond but ordered her to stay away from her school.

Though she faced no charges relating to her Snapchat post, it did cause alarm, reported WIS-TV.

dylan roof sister morgan
Dylann Roof's sister Morgan appears in court. WIS-TV screenshot

In her post, Roof wrote: "Your walking out for the allowed time of 17 min, they are letting you do this, nothing is gonna change what tf you think it's gonna do? I hope it's a trap and y'all get shot we know it's fixing to be nothing but black people walkin out anyway...No offense ofc buuut."

Dylann Roof, 23, a white supremacist, shot and killed nine black worshippers at a church bible study group in Charleston, South Carolina, in June 2015. He wanted to start a race war. Roof is awaiting the death penalty.

In a separate incident on the same day at A.C. Flora, two 16-year-old students were arrested and charged after bringing a loaded magazine and a Smith and Wesson .380 handgun onto school grounds, reported WIS-TV.

Students across the U.S. walked out of schools during the middle of the day on Wednesday to protest against gun violence in the wake of February's Parkland school shooting. Nikolas Cruz, 19, murdered 17 people, many of them students, at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on Valentine's Day. The walkout lasted 17 minutes, a minute for every victim. Cruz is awaiting trial.

A.C. Flora Principal Susan Childs wrote to parents to reassure them about the day's events. "The walkout went well with only a minor verbal disagreement that occurred at dismissal from the event," Childs wrote.

"A rumor then started that a certain student had a weapon. This was heavily investigated and found to be inaccurate. In a separate situation, a student used social media to post a hateful message. The posting was not a threat, but was extremely inappropriate. That student was dealt with in a swift and severe manner as the posting caused quite a disruption.

"In an isolated incident yesterday, administration was notified that there was possibly a weapon on campus. Through diligent work from the Assistant Principals and the School Resource Officers, an unloaded weapon was recovered. The investigation of this matter involves law enforcement as well as school officials."