Diplo's Sexual Assault Accuser Drops Lawsuit, Expresses 'Regret'

A woman who accused Diplo of forcing her to perform a sex act on him has dropped her lawsuit against the DJ and producer, it has been reported.

The lawsuit, which was filed on July 6 in Clark County, Nevada, alleged that Diplo— whose real name is Thomas Wesley Pentz—offered the plaintiff alcohol and marijuana after his performance at the Wynn/Encore Resort in Las Vegas on July 6, 2019, according to Billboard.

According to the publication, the lawsuit stated that the plaintiff accepted the offer and Diplo then prevented her from leaving his hotel room until she performed oral sex on him—which she claimed she was not capable of consenting to.

Diplo was also accused of filming the alleged encounter without consent from the plaintiff, whose allegations against the DJ included assault, battery, false imprisonment and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

However, the plaintiff—who filed under the initials E.K.—shared a statement with Billboard on Thursday in which she announced that the suit had been dropped.

"In light of the evidence and after consultation with my attorneys, I have decided to withdraw my lawsuit," read the statement. "No payment was offered or requested. I regret filing the lawsuit."

Reacting to the news, Diplo's attorney, Bryan Freedman, told Billboard on Thursday: "As we said when we first learned of this lawsuit, there was absolutely irrefutable evidence that proved that the allegations it contained were false.

"As soon as we shared that plethora of evidence with the plaintiff's lawyers, they recognized that they needed to withdraw their suit immediately.

"This demonstrably false claim […] has caused great harm," Freedman said. "While that damage can never fully be undone, we are glad to see this lawsuit be dismissed with prejudice.

"Only because of the swift and irreversible decision to withdraw this lawsuit and to issue a public statement retracting the claims and expressing regret, we will not be pursuing charges of malicious prosecution against them at this time."

After the E.K. lawsuit was filed against Diplo, the musician's July 24 postgame concert for the Baltimore Orioles was canceled.

A message shared on the MLB team's official Twitter account on July 9 read: "The Orioles will not hold the upcoming postgame performance on July 24 at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Fans who purchased field passes with game tickets to the Diplo concert on July 24 will receive a refund."

Diplo's team has said it now hopes the show will go ahead after all.

Newsweek has contacted representatives for Diplo and the Baltimore Orioles for comment.

Music producer Diplo
Diplo attends the 2018 Vanity Fair Oscar Party hosted by Radhika Jones at Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on March 4, 2018 in Beverly Hills, California. An accuser recently dropped a sexual assault lawsuit against the star. VF18/WireImage