Trump Supporters Bring 'MAGA' Mickey Mouse Cut Out to Disney World, Seek Legal Advice After Being Asked to Move

Supporters of President Donald Trump who stood outside Disney World with a "MAGA" Mickey Mouse cut out on President's Day are seeking legal advice after they were asked to move.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office confirmed in a statement to local news outlet WESH the group had been asked to relocate from their position on the sidewalk after a complaint by the Reedy Creek Improvement District, which governs land surrounding the Florida resort.

Images showing the group of supporters at an entrance surfaced on Twitter earlier this week, with signs reading "America First" and "Trump 2020."

But it was the looming cut out of Disney icon Mickey Mouse that attracted most attention.

The cartoon poster featured the mascot giving a thumbs-up and smiling while wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat, a slogan made famous by the president during his 2016 presidential campaign.

The cut out was the work of local artist and Trump supporter Jeff Sonksen, who told WESH that the group plans to return to the area and is contacting a legal expert to find out if they have the right to gather on the sidewalk close to the Disney sign after being told by officials that it was private property.

"I made that," Sonksen told WESH, pointing at the Mickey Mouse cut out in an interview after the gathering. "That's MAGA Mouse by the way," he added. Beside Mickey was another cut out of Trump as Hollywood boxer Rocky Balboa, the same image the president previously tweeted.

According to Sonksen, the supporters peacefully moved their demonstration to another street and admitted some attendees did at one point spill onto some landscaping. The sheriff's office said, "Deputies did respond to this area at the request of Reedy Creek, as the individuals were on their private property. They relocated across the street with no issues."

InsideTheMagic, a website dedicated to theme park coverage, reported the supporters were at the Hotel Plaza Blvd Property Entrance of the resort, describing it as "the back entrance."

The political cabal appeared to be in violation of the Walt Disney World Resort Property Rules, which bans "unauthorized events, speeches, or use of any flag, banner, sign or other material for commercial purposes, or as part of a demonstration" and "obstructing sidewalks, entrances, driveways, patios, vestibules, stairways, corridors, halls or landings."

In September 2018, a 49-year-old man named Dion Cini was reprimanded by park officials after hanging a "Trump 2020" banner inside the Magic Kingdom. After the stunt, the man's annual pass to the resort was revoked and banned from the park, WFTV reported at the time.

Within two months, after his ban was lifted, he was booted again and given a trespass warning after displaying pro-Trump signage on the Splash Mountain and Expedition Everest rides.

"I wanted to actually abide by their rules, and not hold up a flag to incite a crowd, but I kind of wanted to test them," Cini later told WFTV. "I just really wanted to find out whether or not it had to do with unfurling a flag, or what was written on the flag."

He was banned again by officials.

President Donald Trump
President Donald Trump speaks during a rally in Manchester, New Hampshire, on February 10, 2020. JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty