Man Upset Over Trump Loss Tells Election Workers He Hopes Their Children Get Molested: DOJ

A Nevada man faces federal charges for allegedly making multiple threatening phone calls to an election worker at the Nevada Secretary of State's Office the day after the U.S. Capitol riots, the Department of Justice said Thursday.

The DOJ said the FBI arrested Gjergi Luke Juncaj, 50, in Las Vegas on Wednesday for allegedly threatening an employee of the office's Election Division with disturbing messages during four separate phone calls that included threats aimed at office staff members and their children.

Juncaj, who has pleaded not guilty in a U.S. District Court, allegedly placed four calls within an 18-minute time span shortly after 8 a.m. on January 7, the day after the U.S. Capitol riots, according to the Associated Press. He is the second person arrested by the DOJ's Election Threat Task Force since it launched in 2021.

The task force was designed to address the increase in violent threats made against election workers so they can do their jobs without harassment or intimidation, the DOJ said in a statement.

In the first call, Juncaj can allegedly be heard telling the election employee in a raised voice, "I want to thank you for such a great job you all did on stealing the election," according to the indictment. "I hope you all go to jail for treason. I hope your children get molested. You are all going to f*****g die."

According to court documents, approximately 12 minutes later, Juncaj allegedly placed a second call to the employee, threatening, "You are all going to die." The election worker, identified as S.M., told the caller she was going to contact the police.

Two more calls were placed with similar threats, with the caller telling S.M., "This is what you're going to f*****g get from now on. You are all going to f*****g die. It is what you deserve," according to the indictment.

A Nevada State Police officer called the number back, and Juncaj allegedly complained he was being harassed by the officer and hung up, court documents show. No additional phone calls were placed after that, and at no point during the calls did Juncaj disclose his identity.

Juncaj is charged with four counts of making threatening telephone calls. If convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of two years in prison for each count, according to the DOJ.

Juncaj was released from prison to home detention pending his trial, which is scheduled to begin on March 28, the AP reported.

Earlier this month, the DOJ charged a Texas man for allegedly making threats against Georgia election workers, according to CNN.

"Those charges were the first coming out of that task force, but they will not be the last," Deputy Attorney General Lisa Monaco told CNN.

Assistant U.S. Attorney General Kenneth Polite said the DOJ has received more than 850 reports of threats to election workers and dozens of investigations have been opened, the AP reported.

"I'm concerned about the really disturbing nature of the threats that we've seen. They've been disturbingly aggressive, and violent and personal," Monaco told CNN.

Nevada Man Charged For Threatening Election Workers
Nevada resident Gjergi Luke Juncaj has been charged in connection to allegedly making several threatening phone calls to election workers at the Nevada Secretary of State’s Office following the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol. Above, the Department of Justice logo is pictured. Mandel Ngan/ AFP/Getty Images