Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Warn the World Is 'Extremely Fragile' in Farewell SussexRoyal Post

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have signed off from their Instagram account with an emotional farewell, promising: "The work continues."

The move comes as they begin a new life outside the British royal family, settling into their new home in Los Angeles, where they will work and earn money for themselves.

Harry and Meghan have agreed to stop using the SussexRoyal branding after negotiations with the Queen.

They told the 11.3 million followers on the SussexRoyal Instagram account not to expect new posts anytime soon.

In a nod to the coronavirus pandemic, the couple acknowledged "the world at this moment seems extraordinarily fragile" and said: "While you may not see us here, the work continues."

As of today, they are no longer represented by the Buckingham Palace press team, instead choosing the services of the celebrity management company Sunshine Sachs. Markle previously used them as an actress.

Like many, they may need to put some elements of their future plans on hold due to global coronavirus lockdowns as they look to build their not-for-profit as well as their money-making profiles.

Prince Harry intends to work with Travalyst on sustainable tourism—though international travel restrictions may push that to the back burner for a while.

In their statement, signed "Harry and Meghan", they said: "As we all find the part we are to play in this global shift and changing of habits, we are focusing this new chapter to understand how we can best contribute."

Meghan and Harry
Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex attend The Endeavour Fund Awards at Mansion House on March 5, 2020 in London, England. Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty

In a sign of the career path he might take, in February Prince Harry spoke to bankers from JP Morgan about the death of his mother.

The Duchess of Sussex has already landed an initial post-royal job, providing narration for Disney wildlife documentary Elephant.

The couple's exit from the Royal Family, termed #Megxit by many, comes after a series of clashes with the media in Britain.

From early on, Prince Harry's then press secretary spoke out about a "smear" on a newspaper front page in 2016 and "the racial undertones of comment pieces."

In October, the couple pursued legal action against the publisher of the Mail on Sunday as Harry accused the press of "waging campaigns against individuals with no thought to the consequences."

At the time, he said: "Put simply, it is bullying, which scares and silences people."

The newspaper vowed to fight the privacy and copyright action, which revolves around a letter she sent to her father, "with vigor."

There was no reference to past disagreements in Harry and Meghan's farewell post as they urged their fans to "lift each other up" and praised their "shared commitment to the good in the world."

The message said: "As we can all feel, the world at this moment seems extraordinarily fragile.

"Yet we are confident that every human being has the potential and opportunity to make a difference—as seen now across the globe, in our families, our communities and those on the front line—together we can lift each other up to realise the fullness of that promise.

"What's most important right now is the health and wellbeing of everyone across the globe and finding solutions for the many issues that have presented themselves as a result of this pandemic."

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex attend the WellChild awards pre-Ceremony reception at Royal Lancaster Hotel on October 15, 2019 in London, England. Toby Melville/Getty

They added: "Thank you to this community - for the support, the inspiration and the shared commitment to the good in the world. We look forward to reconnecting with you soon. You've been great!

"Until then, please take good care of yourselves, and of one another. Harry and Meghan."