Is Mike Tyson Fighting Again? $20 Million Bare Knuckle Boxing Deal Offered to 53-Year-Old

Mike Tyson's sensational return to the ring is edging closer—but may not necessarily be in traditional boxing.

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship president David Feldman revealed the organization is in talks to bring the 53-year-old back into combat sports after offering him a $20-million deal earlier this month. A revised offer, which would include charitable donations, may be on the table soon.

"I think I know what we need to do to make these things happen", Feldman was quoted as saying by MMA Fighting over the weekend.

Earlier this month, Tyson hinted he was working on an unexpected return when he declared "I'm back" in a short clip posted on Instagram, which showed him ferociously working out with one of his trainers.

In the video, Tyson looked in incredible shape for a man seven years short of his 60th birthday, hitting the pads with ferocious intensity and showing remarkable hand speed.

The former heavyweight champion of the world he hasn't fought professionally in 15 years after retiring in the sixth round of his 10-round bout against Kevin McBride.

To find his last professional win, one has to go all the way back to 2003, when he knocked out Clifford Etienne less than 50 seconds into the first round.

Following his retirement, Tyson returned to the ring with a short-lived exhibition tour in 2006 and earlier this month he said he was considering fighting for charity again.

On Saturday, he elaborated on his plans further, explaining he has already held negotiations with potential opponents and that a contract should be signed before the end of the month.

"We've got so many guys that want to do this man," he said during an interview with rapper Lil Wayne.

"We're in calls, we're doing business with guys right now. You're not going to believe the names when the names come out. Sometime this week we'll have the contract done."

Former heavyweight world champion Evander Holyfield has thrown his hat into the ring to be among Tyson's potential opponents.

"I don't have anything against Mike personally, the thing is I think it would be good for the sport and even though boxing is a rough sport, we can show people we can come together," Holyfield was quoted as saying by the New York Post earlier this month.

"If we do this fight it would be great. I can still shoot the jab, I can still shoot the shots, but not like a killing thing, 'I'm going to hurt you, I'm going to show you that I can knock him out.'

"Mike is looking sharp, but I'm in very good condition and shape physically and mentally. And if the money is right, too, then let's get it on."

Holyfield twice defeated Tyson in heavyweight world titles bouts in the mid-1990s.

Holyfield stopped "Iron Mike" in 11 rounds in at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in November 1996, before Tyson was famously disqualified for biting off part of his rival's ear in the June 1997 rematch.

Meanwhile, according to MMA Fighting, former UFC stars Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock have both indicated they would be open to fighting Tyson, regardless of the format.

Mike Tyson
Mike Tyson performs his one man show "Undisputed Truth" in the Music Box at the Borgata on March 6 in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Donald Kravitz/Getty
Is Mike Tyson Fighting Again? $20 Million Bare Knuckle Boxing Deal Offered to 53-Year-Old | Sports