Groom Starts Massive Wedding Brawl After Allegedly Hitting on Underage Waitress at His Own Reception, Leaves in Handcuffs

Mathew Aimers
Mathew Aimers has been charged with with indecent assault, indecent exposure, imprisonment of a minor after allegedly sexually assaulting a waitress at his wedding ceremony. Bucks County District Attorney's Office

A New Jersey man has been charged with sexually assaulting a teenage waitress and then starting a fight at his own wedding reception.

Matthew Aimers, 31, of Willingboro, was arrested on suspicion of a string of offenses, including indecent assault, indecent exposure, imprisonment of a minor, simple assault and resisting arrest following incidents at the reception held at the Northampton Valley Country Club in Pennsylvania in November 2018.

According to an affidavit, seen by the Philadelphia Inquirer, Aimer allegedly asked a teenager who was waitressing the event whether she would like to "go outside and make out."

The waitress told police Aimers also propositioned her by suggesting that they could do "whatever you want," reports the New York Post.

When she rejected his advances, Aimers is accused of following the girl into the women's bathroom, where he sexually assaulted her and exposed himself.

According to prosecutors, Aimers also offered the waitress $100 as part of another proposition before she was able to flee the bathroom.

The reception then continued as normal until police were later called to reports of a fight at the club. When officers arrived, they found Aimers "pushing and punching people." The fight is reported to have broken out after Aimers became aggressive towards a club employee who told the groom that he couldn't bring alcohol outside the venue.

Aimers is then accused of ignoring police and getting a parked shuttle bus, prompting one officer to board with his Taser drawn. Aimers then insulted the officer and attempting to goad him into a fight, according to the affidavit.

He was then arrested following another brief struggle with police when he got off the bus.

Aimers was eventually charged with indecent assault, indecent exposure, imprisonment of a minor, harassment, simple assault, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after a fight with police.

He was released from jail after posting 10 percent of a $350,000 bail, court records reveal. He is due to next appear in court on February 21 to face the charges.

Aimers' attorney Louis Busico said his client "absolutely denies all charges."

"He maintains his innocence, and he looks forward to clearing his name when this is all concluded," Busico told the Philadelphia Inquirer.