Puppy Swells Up After Being Attacked by Snake in Viral Video

Footage of a puppy that was bitten by a snake has gone viral on TikTok, amassing over 100 million views.

In the clip, which was posted to the app by a TikTok creator and veterinary technician called Mariu, we can see her adorable baby dog has very swollen cheeks as he blinks at the camera.

Text overlaying the video, which can be watched here, reveals: "My puppy was attacked by a snake," alongside a crying-face emoji.

Mariu, who posted to her account Jerrythedogo, captioned the footage with another crying-face emoji and the hashtag "puppy."

The video, which was shared on August 3, has gone viral online having been viewed a whopping 100.3 million times and received 19.1 million likes.

Many people took to the comments section to share their thoughts on the dog's shocking appearance.

One TikTok user, KillBill, wrote: "Naw he was attacked by Disney's animation team."

Another person, Noelle, added: "That's the cutest thing I've ever seen."

Imsorryicantfollowuallback stated: "I want to laugh so bad but I know then I'm definitely going to hell."

Claire Dijkstra typed: "He sits there like... why does this always happen to me."

Peter & Jaycee, a couple who are veterinarians, revealed: "We see so many snake bites and I think they all look like Disney characters, I'm going straight to hell."

Dya gushed: "It's so sad but he kinda looks adorable with puffy cheeks."

Nicole Gable commented: "This is the tense smile white suburban dads give to each other."

Sharese Westmoreland added: "Awwww that poor baby. I hope he makes a speedy recovery."

In a second video, shared on August 7, Mariu shows the pet wrapped up in a towel with an even more expanded face.

The text over the top of the clip, which can be watched here, reads: "My poor baby his swelling is worse."

Those wondering what happened to the dog will be pleased to learn that he made a full recovery.

In a clip posted of her other dog, Jerry, Mariu posted the caption: "Jerry is missing his brother."

However, when many took this to mean that the dog had passed away, she sought to clarify that he was well by writing: "He didn't die, but is not with me I didn't have money so just give him to the hospital."

She then apologised for the worry she had caused people.

Wagwalking.com explains that if your dog has been bitten by a snake: "Do not delay in rushing him to the veterinary emergency clinic.

"Please remember to try and remain calm. You don't want your dog to sense your panic because he needs to be kept as quiet as possible while in transit to the clinic.

"Do not allow him to walk; carry him to your vehicle and try to assure him with your voice and actions."

The website also suggests taking a photograph of the snake itself to help the vet to treat the bite.

A puppy
A file photo of a puppy. In a viral TikTok video a small dog has suffered a snake bite, causing his face to swell up. Getty Images