Queen Elizabeth II 'In Despair' at Prince Andrew and Prince Harry—Royal Expert

Queen Elizabeth II "will be holding her hands up in despair" at Prince Harry and Prince Andrew, according to a former BBC royal correspondent.

Jenny Bond described how "everybody feels for the Queen" after she stripped Prince Andrew of his honorary military titles ahead of his Jeffrey Epstein lawsuit.

Virginia Giuffre says she was forced to have sex with the Duke of York when she was a 17-year-old trafficking victim.

Meanwhile, Prince Harry has filed a "judicial review" of the Home Office decision to remove his royal protection during visits to Britain.

The Duke of Sussex has offered to fund the team himself and said it is not safe for him, Meghan Markle and their two children Archie and Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor to come to Britain without one.

Jenny Bond told OK! magazine: "I think The Queen will be holding her hands up in despair with her children and some of her grandchildren."

She added: "Everybody feels for the Queen now with the Andrew debacle, but I think there has to be some equity between Harry and Andrew now.

"There was the argument and it probably wasn't correct, but if Harry has been stripped of his titles then Andrew should have been some time ago."

Harry and Meghan had their honorary titles and patronages removed in February 2021, shortly before their Oprah Winfrey interview was broadcast on March 7.

However, Andrew retained his even after stepping back from public life in November 2019.

Buckingham Palace only announced he would lose the positions after a New York court ordered a trial in his civil lawsuit brought by Giuffre.

The Palace refused to confirm to Newsweek whether the prince was still receiving taxpayer-funded police protection.

Bond said: "If Harry is not going to be allowed to have security over here unless he's staying in a royal residence then perhaps Andrew's security should be looked at too."

She added: "There has to be some kind of equity between the two of them but Harry needs to look at himself, he's chosen this way of life, he wants to be regarded as a royal citizen, and he can't pick and choose like this."

Prince Harry's legal representative said: "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex personally fund a private security team for their family, yet that security cannot replicate the necessary police protection needed whilst in the UK.

"In the absence of such protection, Prince Harry and his family are unable to return to his home.

"The Duke first offered to pay personally for UK police protection for himself and his family in January of 2020 at Sandringham.

"That offer was dismissed. He remains willing to cover the cost of security, as not to impose on the British taxpayer."

A source close to Prince Andrew previously told Newsweek: "Given the robustness with which Judge Kaplan greeted our arguments, we are unsurprised by the ruling.

"However, it was not a judgment on the merits of Ms. Giuffre's allegations. This is a marathon not a sprint and the Duke will continue to defend himself against these claims."

Prince Andrew, Prince Harry Parade
Prince Harry and Prince Andrew at Remembrance Sunday at the Cenotaph on November 8, 2009. Both were stripped of their honorary military titles. Samir Hussein/WireImage