11-Year-Old Boy Reveals His Mother and Sister's Killer Before Dying, Police Say

An 11-year-old boy who was shot several times along with his mother and sister at their home in Minnesota managed to implicate the man responsible to police before succumbing to his injuries.

Ja'Corbie Wallace, of Saint Paul, was killed along with his mother D'Zondria Wallace, 30, and 14-year-old sister La'Porsha Wallace following the shooting at his home in the 700 block of Jessie Street on January 30.

TeKeith Svyone Jones, 26, was arrested the next day by the Saint Paul Police Department's SWAT team at about 7:25 p.m. in an apartment on the 2100 block of Wilson Avenue, about four miles from where the shooting occurred.

Jones has since been charged in Ramsey County District Court with three counts of second-degree murder in connection to the deaths of ex-girlfriend D'Zondria Wallace and her two children.

According to the criminal complaint, seen by the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Ja'Corbie Wallace was found by officers responding to the shooting not conscious, but breathing and making a "gurgling" sound.

When first responders asked who shot him, the boy replied: "Keith"—an apparent reference to Jones.

Ja'Corbie Wallace was pronounced dead after he was taken to Regions Hospital suffering from five gunshot wounds. Autopsies revealed that D'Zondria Wallace was shot twice, La'Porsha Wallace was shot 10 times. Both the mother and sister were pronounced dead at the scene.

Following his arrest, the suspect reportedly admitted to police that he killed all three of the victims but did so to "save" them.

"Jones said he's not a monster and that he kissed them all...Jones said he was just trying to break the cycle and did not want them to feel the pain that he felt," the charges state, reported Fox 9.

Family of the victims told police that they had previously expressed concerns about Jones's violent behavior towards D'Zondria Wallace.

Her nephew told police that in December, Jones broke in through a kitchen window and "swung her around," while accusing her of cheating on him, reported The Star Tribune.

The next morning he fired a gun at the 30-year-old, but missed—an incident which she never reported to police.

Jones is being held in custody in lieu of $5 million bail. He is scheduled to appear next in court on March 2.

"My heart sinks to know that a mother and her two children were taken from us in such a senseless and violent way," Ramsey County Attorney John Choi said in a statement. "We will do everything in our power to bring justice to the victims and our community in this case."

Saint Paul Police Chief Todd Axtell said in an earlier statement: "This is a senseless tragedy that's left us all heartbroken—as police officers, as human beings, as members of the community.

"Moments like this are hard and painful. But maybe our city can take a small sense of comfort knowing that their officers are out there working as hard as they can—like they always do—for the victims, for their family and for everyone who cares about our community. And the investigators and officers will continue to work around the clock until they find the person responsible."

St. Paul
A view of police cars parked outside the Ramsey County Law Enforcement Center on June 20, 2020 in St. Paul, Minnesota. An 11-year-old boy alongside his mother and teenage sister implicated the man who did it before dying at the hospital. Stephen Maturen/Getty