Seoul Mayor's Will Said 'Sorry to Everyone' Amid Sexual Harassment Probes

Seoul Mayor Park Won-sun, who was found dead hours after being reported missing amid sexual harassment allegations, left a handwritten will on his desk at his home in the South Korean capital, local media reported.

Park said he was "sorry to everyone," before concluding with "goodbye all," in Korean in the note. He asked to be cremated and to have his ashes spread over his parents' grave, according to the will disclosed by Park's chief of staff, Koh Han-seok, at a press conference outside Seoul National University Hospital, where Park's body was taken.

The note also stated: "I thank everyone who has been with me in my life. I've always felt sorry to my family, to whom I've only given suffering."

Police confirmed: "There were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death to deem that he [Park] was murdered," noting the police will consult Park's family on whether an autopsy will be performed, The Korea Herald reported.

The exact cause of his death remains under investigation and will be conducted in accordance with procedures for a suicide, South Korea's Yonhap News Agency reported.

Park's death followed a complaint filed by his female former secretary for alleged sexual assault.

"A complaint has been received by the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency," a police official confirmed, declining to elaborate on the case, Yonhap reported.

There are others who have alleged sexual assault against Park, according to the secretary's testimony. The case is expected to be dropped as per typical protocol when the accused individual is deceased, The Korea Herald reported.

A five-day funeral service, slated to begin Monday, is scheduled to take place at Seoul National University Hospital, the Seoul Metropolitan Government confirmed.

A memorial altar will also be set up for the public in front of Seoul City Hall, with condolence calls to be available from 11 a.m. local time Saturday, The Korea Herald reported.

More than nearly 800 police officers, six drones and nine rescue dogs were mobilized Thursday in the search for Park after his daughter reported he "left home four to five hours ago after leaving words like a will, with his phone currently off."

Police searched around his home and at the nearby Gilsangsa temple in the Seongbuk-dong neighborhood of Seoul, where his cell phone signal was last detected.

Park was said to have left his home Thursday around 10:44 a.m. local time, wearing a black cap, black trousers, a dark jacket and a backpack. Security camera footage showed he walked across Waryong Park in Seongbuk-dong at 10:53 a.m. local time, which was the last time he was captured on CCTV, police confirmed at a briefing, The Korea Herald reported.

A bag, a water bottle, a cell phone, writing utensils and his own business card were found near his body, Yonhap reported.

Park's body was discovered just after midnight in the hills of Mount Bugak near the Cheongwadae, the executive office and official residence of South Korean President Moon Jae-in. The president is expected to send condolence flowers to the funeral, a Cheongwadae official confirmed to Yonhap.

Park was a member of the ruling Democratic Party of Korea and was regarded as a potential presidential candidate for the 2022 election, The Korea Herald reported.

A former human rights lawyer and a civil rights campaigner, Park was first elected as the mayor of Seoul in 2011 and was serving his third and final term. Park is the first Seoul mayor to die while in office. He is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter, The Korea Herald reported.

Seoul mayor Park Won-sun May 2014
Seoul Mayor Park Won-sun at an interview in Seoul on May 26, 2014.