'That Poor Dog': Internet Divided Over Woman Who Attempted to Dye Her Dog's Fur

A woman attempted to dye her dog's fur but things didn't quite go as planned.

She shared the aftermath in a now-viral video that has left commenters divided.

The video, found here, was posted to TikTok on December 9 by Isa Beastly (@isabeastly), who wrote: "Help!" The post has since racked up more than 577,000 views and over 30,000 likes.

"I saw some girl dye her dog on TikTok and [I've] been wanting to dye my dog for a while," the video's text overlay read. "Omg my landlord is going to take my deposit. HELP ME!"

In the video, Isa Beastly showed viewers her bathroom, which was covered in red and orange hair dye.

At multiple points throughout the 15-second clip, her brightly colored dog can be seen running about, contributing to the mess.

While the aim of the video was to get advice on how to clean up the dye, a majority of commenters quickly zeroed in on the dog and criticized Isa Beastly for attempting to color its fur.

"Omg that is so not ok poor baby," said roserose1623.

"That poor dog. SMH," commented Celeste Sosa.

"Sorry but [people] who do this to dogs don't deserve dogs," added christy._.cala.

Karina asked: "Is that safe for the dog? I'm so confused and scared for it lol I hope it was!!"

Others argued that so long as the dye used was "dog friendly," the dog would be fine.

"If it's dog-friendly dye it's literally fine y'all," wrote chey.

"Y'all realize it's dye for dogs!?" asked Danielle.

It's important to note that the wrong products can have detrimental effects on an animal's wellbeing.

In 2018, a Florida-based animal service team shared that a dog sustained "life-threatening injuries" after being dyed purple. According to authorities, this is because the dog's owners used products intended for humans.

"Express yourself, but please do not use hair dye intended for humans to express your pet's style. Let's all say that together–Do NOT, under any circumstances, use hair color intended for humans on your pets," said Pinellas County Animal Services in a Facebook post about the incident.

"Chemicals in hair dye are TOXIC causing a wide array of external injury to your pet–possible burns, blindness and because an animal's first instinct is to lick, it can cause poisoning or internal burns. Just don't."

How Stuff Works stated that there are, in fact, non-toxic dyes that can be used on dogs; however, the site recommended that pet owners consult a groomer to find the right products.

Dog with dyed ears
A woman attempted to dye her dog’s fur but things didn’t quite go as planned. The TikTok clip featured red and orange hair dye covering the woman's bathroom. yanmiao/istock