The United States pledged to send soldiers to Congo to help train military and polices forces, as well as find the ADF forces responsible for an attack.
A Ugandan man detonated explosives in a suicide bombing on Sunday in the eastern town of Beni, a city occupied by both U.N. peacekeepers and the Congolese army in recent years.
Sunday saw multiple explosions in the city, one at a Catholic church and then one detonated by a suicide bomber in a busy intersection.
The animal charged at a group of local residents when they confronted it in a forest located outside of their town.
"We cannot afford to ignore signs of repeated, systemic failure of our Organization to prevent such alleged behaviors and to address them in a just and timely manner," the WHO staff committee wrote in an email to senior management.
"This could happen with very little (or no) warning," Lt. Gen Constat Ndima Kongba said.
Catholic Bishop Paluku Sekuli Melchisédech says Christians are facing violence and persecution from extremist groups, including destroying hospitals and killing patients in their hospital beds.
Assailants identified as Ugandan ADF fighters attacked the Beni Kangbayi prison in North Kivu, allowing almost all the detainees to escape.
There have been approximately 310,000 suspected measles cases in the DRC since the outbreak was declared in 2018.
Since early June, more than 300,000 people have fled inter-ethnic violence in northeastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
More than 500 people, including many families, from African countries have been detained crossing the U.S.-Mexico border, since May 30, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency said.
Many of those aboard were teachers traveling to collect their salaries, a local mayor said.
"Our top priority is to get to Bikoro to work alongside the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo and partners to reduce the loss of life and suffering related to this new Ebola virus disease outbreak."
More than 1.3 million people have been displaced in less than a year, but Congo has received little in the way of aid.
Around 100 U.S. troops ended a six-year mission earlier in 2017 after failing to capture Kony, whose group has co-opted tens of thousands of children into conflict.
President Kabila was due to step down in December 2016, but Congo failed to organize elections, leading to deadly protests.
The events at The Hague should send another strong message that such war crimes will no longer be tolerated.
American companies have previously had to account for conflict minerals used in their products, but that may be changing.
Two United Nations experts, including an American, were killed in Congo in March, but a local inquiry has been criticised.
Experts know from the 2014 epidemic that when the deadly virus crosses borders it sticks around for awhile.
Ex-soldier Joshua French was convicted of murder, attempted murder and espionage by a Congolese court.
Health authorities do not expect a repeat of the West African outbreak, which claimed 11,000 lives.
Moise Katumbi, the chairman of Congo's premier football team and a presidential candidate, has not set foot in the country for a year.