The woman decided to do a taste test of preserved food she found in her 1904 cellar, including "50-year-old beef heart."
A map has been produced detailing the U.S. states affected by an outbreak of salmonella with as yet unconfirmed origins.
The agency said dozens of people had fallen ill across 17 states after eating meats such as salami, but no deaths have been reported.
Patrick Baker was on life support for three weeks and had emergency surgery on his legs after eating the store-bought seafood.
Tatum Parden has horrified viewers with her creation, but says she's planning on doing a "whole raw turkey for Christmas."
The recall followed an investigation from June 2 into a possible contamination, with the Food Safety and Inspection Service finding 28 people affected.
The city warned all residents that they should assume they are in an affected area until they have it confirmed they are not.
Around 1,600 people suffer from Listeriosis in the United States each year, and about 260 people die from it.
The woman, who had never eaten meat before, ordered a vegetarian burger only to discover it actually contained chicken.
The investigation first began in 2017 following a complaint by a mother in South Korea who claimed her child developed a kidney disease after eating an undercooked meat patty sold by the fast food giant.
The court heard how the 37-year-old teacher added sodium nitrite to the breakfast of children in the class of a colleague, with whom she had fallen out.
Laura Arber purchased her food from a Hampshire restaurant, and says she discovered sections of a blue mask inside some chicken nuggets after her daughter began choking.
As of July, 396 individuals from 34 states have been infected with salmonella after eating the onions.
A 5-year-old is dead and 800 people were hospitalized after eating rotten meat from a restaurant near Amman, Jordan
Dozens of people have been hospitalized and many more reported ill with food poisoning after eating romaine lettuce contaminated with E. coli. The FDA continues to investigate.
Four people have been hospitalized and one person has died as a result of a listeria outbreak traced to Almark Foods in Gainesville, Georgia.
A North Carolina man who attempted to use radioactive material to poison another man has been handed a 78 month prison sentence, according to officials.
The CDC has issued a recall notice advising consumers to throw away products grown in Salinas, California.
The recall affects more than 40 pork products produced by Morris Meat Packing between November 25, 2017 to November 9, 2019, that was sent to distributors and retailers in Illinois.
Almost 100,000 pounds' worth of salad products have had to be recalled after samples of lettuce tested positive for the potentially deadly E. Coli strain 0157:H7.
The USDA released a class I notice on November 9, 2019 after samples of affected products tested positive for a potentially deadly bacteria, Listeria monocytogenes.
The notice comes after a review of laboratory certificates found the salmon may be harboring a potentially deadly bacteria—Clostridium botulinum.
In addition to failing to go through the usual food inspection processes, the products came from Vietnam—a country that is not eligible to export poultry products to the U.S. or any meat products aside from catfish.
Antibiotic-resistant bacteria is on the rise in livestock, which could affect human health.
The salmonella bacteria can cause symptoms including diarrhea, fever and stomach cramps, according to the CDC.
Natalie Rawnsley fell ill after dining at a buffet in Greece with her husband and two sons.