Susi Feltch-Malohifo'ou was bitten by spiders 15 times and is now thought to have a flesh-eating bacterial infection called necrotizing fasciitis.
Brenna McIntosh, 29, was infected with a rare bacteria after having a popular cosmetic procedure.
Former Atlanta Hawks president Bob Williams said he had to undergo surgery on his feet in order to remove the deadly infection.
The process was discovered following an infection of one patient, who had to undergo four amputations during a life-saving procedure after the disease turned deadly.
Necrotizing fasciitis is a rare, potentially fatal infection caused by several different types of bacteria which move rapidly through the body, attacking the skin and soft tissue.
The father of two is in a critical condition after catching the bug.
Tests revealed he had become infected with a bacteria that causes a rare disease known as necrotizing fasciitis.
George Billiris says he's thankful his 10-year-old grandson didn't catch the potentially deadly infection.
Mike O'Grady, who lives in Lecanto, Citrus County, became ill following a vacation to St. George Island in Apalachicola.
Necrotizing fasciitis is a rare, potentially fatal infection caused by several different types of bacteria.
Noelle Guastucci said it felt like someone had poured acid on her foot.
The man's wife has taken to social media to warn others about the dangers of potentially-fatal necrotizing fasciitis.
"She couldn't wait to get down here and retire", Lynn Fleming's daughter-in-law said.
"When you look down and you can see your own tendons, the back of your hand and your bone going up your arm, that makes it real," Mike Walton said.
Josh Munoz believes he contracted the infection through cuts in his hands.
He got necrotizing fasciitis while crabbing in the brackish waters of New Jersey.
The dangerous bacteria seem to be popping up everywhere.
A carpenter working on demolition became the third person to become seriously ill, and the second to die from the disease following the storm recovery efforts.