The 20-year-old woman said she was able to take a photo of the snake, but added "my first priority was to get my fur babies safe"
Reptile expert Stuart McKenzie initially thought he was dealing with a highly-venomous brown snake, which is considered to be the second most toxic land snake in the world.
The predator was described as a "monster" by a snake-catcher, who said it was "one of the biggest" he's caught in some time.
A video posted on Facebook shows the highly venomous snake in the water at the family's home in Marino, a coastal suburb of Adelaide, Australia.
The eastern brown is considered the second most toxic land snake in the world and a bite with its venom can result in death.
Reptile wrangler Stuart McKenzie said it was a "sad" situation but stressed the roughly 5-foot-long reptile had behaved the only "natural" way that it knows.
A snake catcher said the reptile was "probably going to stay in there all night" because the "red-bellied" species is most active during the day.
Thankfully, the girl is doing fine, and one of the key reasons that she survived is because her grandmother administered effective first-aid immediately.
A video uploaded to Facebook by Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers 24/7 on Friday showed a series of close encounters with large carpet pythons found curled up inside the cooking appliance.
"My daughter was stoked, she has always wanted a snake—so she named it Ryan," said Felicity Richardson, of Tasmania, who found the snake had slithered close to some wrapped presents.
An expert wrangler said the snake was "nervous" when backed into the corner of the kitchen cupboard but appeared "quite happy" showing off to the camera when released.
A reptile-catcher released multiple images on social media showing potentially deadly snakes that were recently relocated from schools in Queensland.
A reptile removal expert in Australia says his business has been getting called weekly about snakes that "have entered a family's home and ended up in one of the bedrooms."
One mother's everyday bushwalk turned into a nightmare recently, when she spotted a creepy reptile near her baby's stroller.
A highly-venomous eastern brown was caught on camera gliding along the water towards some rocks on Sunday, as multiple onlookers kept their distance.
The Australian owner of the nine-week-old pup said she initially tried hitting the reptile with a cardboard Christmas wrapper roll.
Typhoon the dog came to the rescue after a 12-year-old was confronted by a jararaca snake in São Paulo, Brazil.
Winston William Fish, 78, sustained "at least two" bites from the highly-venomous tiger snake, which also coiled itself around the victim's arm "up to his neck," a coroner's report said.
Keith Jackson, 61, was bitten twice on his right foot, the second attack coming as he instinctively attempted to kick the highly venomous snake away,.
The uninvited guest was wrangled while attempting to flee from an open window above the toilet, after destroying a number of bathroom items.
A professional snake catcher has warned against residents taking matters into their own hands when removing deadly reptiles, saying one wrong move could have serious consequences.
The nine-foot-long snake, native to South East Asia, posed a potential risk to members of the public, the natural animal ecosystem and local agriculture, authorities said.
It is believed the eastern brown snake mistook the hose for another nearby serpent.
A bite from a red-bellied black snake can cause extremely painful swelling and bleeding, as well as vomiting and necrosis.
The toad had to be "milked from the stomach" of the snake by vets in Australia after a snakecatcher found the distressed animal in a residential property.
The cat-eyed water snake has can defeat crabs four times its size.
The python was found curled up by the engine of the Ford Mustang at an auto repair shop.
The snake catcher was then called out to a report of another Eastern brown snake at a nearby house.
"Two-headed snakes are unlikely to survive in the wild as the two brains make different decisions that inhibit the ability to feed or escape from predators," experts now caring for the snake said.
The snake returned to the woman's home 10 months later and attacked her dog, rendering it unconscious.