A wildlife care specialist was rushed to the hospital on Monday afternoon after a highly venomous African Bush Viper bit him.
An alert was issued by the Pittsburgh Public Safety Twitter account, which posted an image of a then-unidentified snake in the park.
The highly venomous species—one of the most toxic land snakes in the world—was filmed rubbing its head on a family's doors, seemingly seeking shelter from wet weather.
The eastern brown, one of the most toxic land snakes in the world, was found by a 91-year-old woman and caught after hiding in a sliding door cavity.
Authorities responded when a 48-year-old woman called 911 after injuring her left knee while hiking in McKelligon Canyon in El Paso.
Beloved family pet Hurjun was eaten by a python over the weekend, according to a viral Facebook post by his owner, Kanchi Nard.
The snake was living behind an electrical outlet, along with several of her eggs. She has since been safely removed and brought to a new habitat.
Dai Bao, named after Disney's Dumbo, was rescued as a stray off the streets and heartbreakingly died defending his family from a four-foot snake.
A 45-year-old man was terrified when he found a python in his toilet bowl. A rescue team worked to retrieve the snake safely.
Pictures from the scene show the enormous yellow-green python lounging comfortably in the passenger seat.
The possum was photographed hanging upside down in the grasp of the large constrictor snake in Queensland, Australia.
After calling a repairman to investigate a malfunctioning dryer, the Pring family discovered the issue had an unexpected and creepy cause.
Reptile catcher Luke Huntley said the small-eyed species is "capable of inflicting a fatal bite" and the resident was "very lucky" that she spotted the snake before putting her hand into the bag.
Carpet pythons are widespread throughout northern, eastern and southern Australia—eating mammals, frogs, lizards and birds.
The homeowners in Queensland, Australia, said they had woken up after hearing items being knocked off a dining table in their kitchen before realising a carpet python had made its way inside.
"Dude, please just get off the car. Just jump off. Be a good little snake," Abbey Rostron can be heard in the now-viral videos.
"I couldn't tell how many were in that spot but they were big!" the man wrote on Facebook following the close encounter.
Catchers said it was "one of the most incredible places we have ever found a snake."
Stuart McKenzie, a snake catcher in Australia, released a video showing how he grabbed the venomous reptile by the tail to stop it slithering out of reach.
An Australian catcher said it showed deadly snakes are not always aggressive "but in fact want nothing to do with humans and will go to drastic measures to get away from us."
Hospital records suggest that bee stings were linked to more than a quarter of the admissions due to contact with a venomous animal or plant.
Snake removal expert Stuart McKenzie warned: "We obviously do not recommend people doing this as it can hurt the snake and can also be dangerous for the homeowners."
Reptile expert Stuart McKenzie said the snake needed to be moved because it had been lurking close to pets and children.
Video of the reptile was posted to Facebook by relocation business Snake Catcher Noosa, after wrangler Luke Huntley was called to remove it from a home in Sunshine Beach, Queensland.
The Queensland woman spotted the non-venomous reptile close to her bed after hearing noises coming from inside the room and turning on a lamp to investigate.
Stuart McKenzie, the owner of reptile relocation service Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers 24/7, said he initially feared the snake had consumed golf balls.
The 10-year-old girl was bitten on both feet by a mulga snake, also known as a king brown, estimated to be more than three feet in length by a local snake catcher.
The woman who owned the vehicle initially suspected that the notes could have been a "sick prank," according to snake catcher Stuart McKenzie.