"Because people are at home and they're not out and about... we've got a perfect storm where people will see more snakes," explained Australian reptile expert Raymond Hoser.
Australian resident got a fright when she found snakes wriggling around insider he toilet, making it impossible to flush.
Couple avoids being bitten by several highly toxic death adders found in a laundry basket, kitchen and dining room of a rural Australia homestead
In this 29-second-long jaw-dropping video shared on Twitter, the two creatures fight in the middle of the road.
Employees noticed a large serpent while doing a recent walkthrough of the Odessa store.
"I screamed so loud. It was a huge python," Emily Visnic said.
Kansas Man finds large constrictor slithering over his doorbell in Overland Park
Diamond pythons aren't especially dangerous, but they can grow quite large and like seeking out warmth in suburban homes along the Australian coastline.
The individual, not identified by name, reportedly alarmed his fellow travelers after entering a carriage at Morayfield station, near Brisbane, while wearing the reptile.
The boy, who has received hospital treatment for the bite, is expected to regain full control of his foot and suffer no lasting damage.
"A huge albino Burmese python! How damn beautiful is this snake," the snake catcher who captured the massive reptile wrote on social media. "It's such a shame that they are illegal here in Australia."
A man in Rose Hill, Kansas had an unpleasant surprise when he was looking for his keys in the sofa and came face to face with a six-foot boa constrictor.
"The doctors said I wouldn't be here today if I hadn't have gone to the hospital when I did. When I came around, I was just in shock," said snake bite victim Nikita Aldridge.
A 10-year-old boy was told by airport security personnel in South Africa to remove his t-shirt which featured an image of a snake before being allowed to board a flight.
A pilot spotted the snake on the runway at Queenstown airport on New Zealand's South Island.
"It was just pulling him under, into the bush," said the child's father Evan Thompson. "I knew I had to do something so I ran straight up and punched it straight in the head."
"I just ripped him out of the bassinet and took him in and put him on his change table…turned the lights on and there were maybe three or four bites to his cheek," said mother Julia McLennan.
Deakin Hawke had been on a week-long school trip to Canberra in Australia when he was bitten by a venomous snake.
Experts from Snake Catchers Adelaide shared a video to Facebook showing the reptile being removed from the neck of the cat, which had to be administered with antivenom after the encounter.
The snake responsible for the unexpected bite is believed to have been an eastern brown or a death adder, officials said. The victim was identified by police as a 54-year-old male, of Queensland.
Medical staff at Lismore Base in New South Wales were able to stabilize the patient last night after she was rushed to the hospital by helicopter.
The fatal Western Brown snake attack occurred at Garig Gunak Barlu National Park, a "remote and rugged" Northern Territory site roughly 350 miles north-east of Darwin, Australia.
The specific sea snake in question is a greater sea snake called Hydrophis major—a sea-faring reptile that can reach lengths of 1.5 meters (or longer) and is venomous to humans.
Today, there are more than 10,000 species that have been added to the Reptile Database. These are some of the strangest.
"No-one saw the large Eastern Brown snake until they looked at the pics later," veteran handler Barry Goldsmith wrote on Facebook, saying it "really goes to show snakes are not aggressive."
The snake found its way into the grave during the service in Sydney.
The drama happened at a housing building in Marseille on Saturday, October 5. The boa snake was taken into the care of the SPA.
The non-native snake species has been hugely damaging to local wildlife, and the state government is on a drive to clear the reptiles.
"The snake had what appeared claw marks on its head and neck. So, the cat apparently killed the snake and brought it out to show dad his prize. Shelly is a true hero," the man's daughter said.