Travel blogger Sarah Johnson told Newsweek the sting felt like "100 mosquito bites" and the itchiness was "all-consuming."
The plant is native to India but can be found in ornamental gardens in Florida and Hawaii.
The snake that found its way inside the facility was brown in color but the species has not been identified.
"I swore a bit and then yelled," said the woman, who discovered the unexpected passenger in her car.
Eastern brown snakes are highly venomous, and cause more deaths by snakebite than any other species in Australia.
The spines of the saddleback caterpillar can become embedded in a person's skin and deliver a potent venom.
The 12-year-old was attacked by the snake while playing in his yard.
"Be careful where you step out there on the beach, guys. Not all the rocks are actually rocks," Daniel Brown said after the encounter.
The brown recluse spider is considered the most dangerous in the country, with intense pain and necrosis setting in after 24 hours.
"Her parents should probably go and buy a lottery ticket," a snake catcher said.
Researchers in Nevada have discovered how lizards can snack on the spider without falling prey to its venom.
Snake catcher Alex Trajo, from So-Cal Rattlesnake Removal, recalls his encounter with the venomous reptile in a Californian woodpile.
"The patient will reach a hospital in a non-recoverable condition and the [antivenom] treatment will fail," herpetologist Romulus Whitaker told Newsweek.
Snake rescuer Nick Evans told Newsweek that being spat at is rarely lethal—but it is also far from pain free.
The venomous black mamba is one of the most feared snakes in the world, described as the fastest snake in Africa.
"I believe this species is considered to be the worst stinging caterpillar in Florida," an entomologist said.
A 2-year-old girl from Turkey killed a 20-inch serpent who was attacking her.
The amount of venom extracted from Titan, a king brown snake living at Australian Reptile Park, was enough to kill 20 humans.
Snake rescuer Nick Evans was called to remove a shedding black mamba from behind a wardrobe.
A homeowner entered a room to find the highly venomous snake right next to him, lurking in the darkness.
Snake catcher Nick Evans said the snake had been lurking outside a bedroom door before it slithered into the bathroom.
The boy was rushed to the hospital where he was treated with six bottles of antivenom.
Elijah Bustamante was bitten by a water moccasin and was treated with seven bags of antivenom in the ICU.
The young child, who had been wearing sandals while walking through freshly cut grass, was bitten twice on the foot by a copperhead and rushed to hospital.
Australian Adam Clancy told Newsweek he refused pain killers and used just hot water and red wine to get through the sting. "I'm just Aussie," he reasoned.
Research shows venom can actually contain bacteria that infects bite wounds.