Transfer News and Rumors: Chelsea Brace for Hazard and Alonso Double Bid

With just over a week left before the European transfer window shuts, some Premier League clubs are trying to offload players they have deemed surplus to requirements, while others try to desperately fend off interest.

Chelsea belong firmly to the latter category and could come to rue the Premier League's decision to close the transfer window on August 9.

According to the Daily Mirror, the Blues are bracing themselves for a late assault from Spain, with Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid eyeing Eden Hazard and Marcos Alonso respectively. The Belgian has been linked with a move to Real Madrid all summer, but last week stated he intended to remain at Stamford Bridge—and the suggestion he could sign a new deal was even put forward.

While it's very difficult to see Chelsea sell Hazard given they can't bring in a replacement until January, Real's protracted interest could be aimed at unsettling the Belgian ahead of next summer. Atletico's interest in Alonso, however, could be more of a concern for Chelsea, given the Spanish club is said to considering the possibility of selling Filipe Luis to Paris Saint-Germain and would need a replacement left-back.

Alonso and Hazard aren't the only Chelsea players who could swap London for Madrid, as Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo claims the Blues have offered Willian to Real Madrid. Last season's FA Cup winners turned down at least two bids from Barcelona for the Brazilian earlier this summer but have apparently told Real they can do business around a fee of $104 million—with $11.6 million going to the player's agent.

GettyImages-1018892638
Eden Hazard applauds supporters on the pitch after the Premier League match between Chelsea and Arsenal at Stamford Bridge in London on August 18. The Belgian has been linked with a move to Real Madrid. Glyn Kirk/AFP/Getty Images

Meanwhile, Spanish newspaper Marca reports Everton defender Yerry Mina could return to Barcelona in the future. The Colombia international was linked with a move to Manchester United earlier this summer but moved to Goodison Park on deadline day for a $35 million fee. However, Marca claims Barcelona have inserted a clause in the deal which allows them to buy the Colombian back for twice the amount, although they cannot trigger it before 2020.

Anthony Martial could also be on his way out of the Premier League, amid reports Jose Mourinho has sanctioned his departure. According to the Daily Star, the Portuguese has asked United's executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward to sell Martial before the European transfer window shuts at the end of the month.

Woodward, however, is reluctant to do so, which could put his already strained relationship with Mourinho under even more pressure. The Sun believes Martial wants to stay at Old Trafford and prove Mourinho wrong after a summer during which the Frenchman's agent insisted his client wanted to leave the club.

Elsewhere, The Telegraph reports Manchester City could be set to recall goalkeeper Aro Muric from his loan spell at Dutch club NAC Breda if the results of Claudio Bravo's scans confirm the Chilean has suffered a season-ending injury.

Transfer News and Rumors: Chelsea Brace for Hazard and Alonso Double Bid | Sports