Donald Trump Jr. Makes $100 Bet on Fate of Classified Nunes House Intelligence Memo

Donald Trump Jr. said Sunday that he placed a $100 bet on the infamous classified House intelligence memo, claiming he believes the Democratic response to the memo will be leaked before the actual memo is.

Related: What Is the Nunes Memo? Controversial Intelligence Document About Trump Campaign Surveillance Spawns #Releasethememo

"I just bet a friend $100 that Schiff's (fake try to get ahead of the bad for them narrative) memo "leaks" to the media before we see the real memo. Media will be complicit in helping obviously. #ReleaseTheMemo" Trump Jr. wrote on Twitter.

The memo Trump Jr. referenced was prepared by Republican members of the House Intelligence Committee and allegedly depicts how the FBI hid its use of political opposition research when applying to surveil the Trump campaign.

Trump Jr. has continued to campaign for the release of the memo, a view that has been supported by those attempting to discredit the FBI and Special Counsel Robert Mueller during the committee's Russia investigation.

The push to release the classified contents is opposed by Democratic Representative Adam Schiff and other members of the party.

Schiff called the campaign "a burn-down-the-house strategy to protect the president."

"The majority seeks to selectively and misleadingly characterize classified information in an effort to protect the president at any cost, " he continued.

Trump Jr. quoted a tweet by conservative personality and former United States secret service agent Dan Bongino. Bongino has been active in the #ReleaseTheMemo campaign.

The tweet said: "Dear @RepAdamSchiff, Why won't you vote to #ReleaseTheMemo? What are you hiding? You told us all that you're seeking "the truth" but you're hiding a memo with the truth in it. I always knew you were a fraud but now everyone else will see it too."

The House Intelligence Committee voted to make the memo available to House members. President Trump supports declassifying the memo to make it available to the public, according to a statement on Sunday by White House legislative affairs director Marc Short. The Justice Department, however, has warned that releasing the memo without an official review would be "extraordinarily reckless."

Sixty-six lawmakers signed a letter last week calling for the public release of the memo.

The letter stated: "The audience of this document should not be limited to Members of Congress—the American people deserve to know the information it contains."

Donald Trump Jr. Makes $100 Bet on Fate of Classified Nunes House Intelligence Memo | U.S.