UFC Star Conor McGregor Arrested Monday in Miami Beach

Conor McGregor, a star in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) series, was arrested in Miami Beach Monday evening for allegedly smashing a fan's phone outside of a swanky hotel on the beach.

The official charge against McGregor is "strong-armed robbery and criminal mischief," according to the police report from Miami Beach. McGregor was reportedly released on a $12,500 bond, according to Fox News Monday night.

According to the arrest report, McGregor and a fan walked out of the famed Fontainebleau Hotel resort and the fan tried taking McGregor's photo with a phone. McGregor allegedly "slapped" the phone away from the fan, and then began stomping on the phone several times around 5 a.m. McGregor then picked the phone up and walked away with it, the report stated.

Here's a video clip from CBS Miami that shows McGregor leaving jail earlier Monday night after posting bond.

The Miami Herald reported that the incident was caught on surveillance video and that McGregor wasn't arrested at the moment it happened, but rather later Monday at a home on North Venetian Drive in Miami Beach. He was reportedly booked into the Miami-Dade jail Monday evening.

The UFC fighter was reportedly leaving the LIV club from the Fountainbleau resort on the Atlantic coast.

McGregor is a former two-division champion who lost to boxing's Floyd Mayweather in a highly-publicized 2017 fight. McGregor was in South Florida on vacation to celebrate his mother's 60th birthday and to also train for a comeback, The Herald reported.

Samuel Rabin, a Miami attorney who's defending McGregor, released a statement that said the mixed martial arts fighter "was involved in a minor altercation involving a cell phone that resulted in a call to law enforcement. Mr. McGregor appreciates the response of law enforcement and pledges his full cooperation."

McGregor isn't a newcomer to arrests that happen near UFC events. Last year as UFC 223 approached, McGregor was arrested after New York City police said he "attacked a charter bus" that carried a plethora of UFC fighters and threw a dolly through a window, according to The Herald.

Originally charged with disorderly conduct, McGregor reportedly pleaded guilty and served three days of anger management and five days community service.