What Lunch Club Members Have Said About the CallMeCarson Allegations

YouTuber Carson King, who is known as CallMeCarson, is facing allegations of messaging underaged fans. Twitter user @miniborb, whose name is Sam, took to Twitter to allege that she and King shared inappropriate messages she was 17 and he was 19.

Following the allegations, Sam said on Twitter early on Wednesday: "Cancel culture is real but this statement was to warn others. I do hope the best for everyone involved in this but f***... you guys are ruthless. I want no hate towards Carson. I want no hate towards anyone involved.

"I don't want Carson to go to jail. I don't want Carson to be canceled over this. I want people to be educated. I want there to be safety. I want people to feel safe with people they enjoy watching or look up to."

The accusations against King were discussed in a video by Keemstar, real name Daniel Keem, who interviewed two of King's former Lunch Club collaborators, NoahHugBox and Traves, on Tuesday.

In Keemstar's video, Noah claimed that CallMeCarson's behavior is what caused the Lunch Club to break up, which it did in November 2020.

Following the video, the other Lunch Club members, Charlie Dalgleish (Slimecicle), Cooper Schulz (Cscoop), Jschlatt, and Ted Nivison have all made their own statements about the allegations against CallMeCarson.

Below is what the former Lunch Club members have said about the CallMeCarson allegations.

Newsweek has contacted Carson King for comment.

NoahHugBox

Speaking to Keemstar in a video that has amassed more than two million views, Noah said: "One day in March he called me shortly before he told Travis, everybody was up in LA and he told most of them face to face, but he called me.

"I picked up the phone and he was basically like, 'I have to tell you something' and then he told me that he [messaged] underage girls and I think that he said that they were fans. That was what I was told."

Noah also said: 'I just didn't want to involve myself in really anything that would be tied to this. I knew that someday it was going to come out and I don't know, I feel like I dropped a few hints about it, just so that people—when it did come out—would know that I wish that I could have talked about it. And I didn't want my life to be ruined by a lawsuit or something."

Traves

Traves, whose real name is Travis, told Keemstar: "I feel like the situation was kind of, like, he told us all this crazy thing, and we didn't want to make a rash judgment so we kind of waited it out and we were trying to think of the best solution to do it. We pushed it away and we kept pushing it away because we didn't want to deal with it."

YouTube app
Apps including YouTube are seen on an iPhone screen. Former Lunch Club members have spoken out about allegations against former collaborator and YouTuber Carson King, also known as CallMeCarson. Chris McGrath/Getty

Slimecicle (Charlie Dalgleish)

In a statement posted on Twitter, Charlie Dalgleish, who goes by Slimecicle, said: "In an early 2020 phone call, Carson told all the Lunch Club members and our group manager that he had exchanged nudes with an unnamed girl he believed to be 17.

"Because I suspected a crime had been committed, I immediately reported this information to federal law enforcement, cut all ties to Carson, and withdrew completely from Lunch Club."

Dalgleish then said: "For all those asking why I did not speak publicly about these issues at the time—this is not drama, this is an alleged felony involving a child. As soon as I knew about this, I took every step to protect the unnamed victim and report the information I had to authorities."

My statement about the Carson situation. pic.twitter.com/88oHCYFbIO

— Slimecicle (@Slimecicle) January 5, 2021

Cscoop (Cooper Schulz)

Cooper Schulz, who is known as cscoop, shared his statement on Twitter which said: "I said my piece about the Carson situation yesterday under the pretense that it would be used in Keem's video, but it wasn't. I didn't feel well enough mentally at the time to be interviewed. Thank you to Noah and Travis for going on.

"Carson told me what he told Travis a few minutes before. I cut ties shortly after. My heart goes out to anyone affected by the actions of Carson, s*** is beyond f*****."

Schlatt

In a video posted to his theweeklyslap channel titled "Carson," Schlatt, also known as jschlatt, discussed the allegations on Wednesday and said: "I feel for all the victims here and to know that more people could have been hurt this year while Carson and I were friends and while I continued to associate with him and well, while I believed that he was on the right path, that f****** kills me.

"I hope all of them have gotten and continue to get the help they need to get through this because there's a recurring problem now of content creators who take complete advantage of and manipulate the people that care about them the most. [...] And as cliche as it is for me to say this, I really hope Carson gets the help that he very, very clearly needs as well."

Ted Nivison

Ted Nivison posted his statement to Twitter late on Wednesday. He said: "It is extremely hard to remove a good friend out of your life, especially one that had quite literally helped me build my YouTube channel, and had always been a cheerleader for me.

"However, I absolutely condemn actions of sexual misconduct and the abuse of power dynamics between content creators and their fans."

Nivison says that he and the other Lunch Club members found out about King's "apparent misconduct" earlier last year and when they saw the DMs posted by King's alleged victims, Nivison said: "I realized that the situation Carson had explained to me was very different from the one that actually happened, as well as connecting dots from various people I hadn't spoke to in just the last week."

He went on to say: "Out of respect for the victims, I will be removing any videos on my channel that include Carson. I applaud the bravery of those who have spoken out about sexual misconduct and hope that you are able to find all of the help and support to properly heal."

My statement on the Carson situation pic.twitter.com/P9dTmJQvmY

— Ted Nivison (@TedNivison) January 6, 2021