Conor McGregor Ban: UFC Star Handed Six-Month Driving Ban, Fined $1,000

Conor McGregor has been banned from driving for six months after pleading guilty to speeding.

The UFC star admitted to driving his Range Rover at 96mph in a 62mph in County Kildare, west of Ireland's capital Dublin, in October 2017.

The Irishman, who has 12 previous traffic offences dating back to his teens, was also fined €1,000 ($1,026) for the incident.

During the hearing on Wednesday at Naas district court near Dublin, the 30-year-old apologized to Judge Desmond Zaidan.

"The speed here is in the higher end," Judge Zaidan said, as reported by the BBC.

"Speed kills and that is what makes speeding dangerous.

"When speeding goes wrong the consequences are catastrophic and life-changing, there is no question about that.

"Sadly we have lost more lives on our roads because of excessive speeding, dangerous speeds and other bad behaviour."

Earlier this week, McGregor settled out of court with an MGM Grand security guard who claimed he was hit by a can of energy drink during a brawl at a UFC 202 press conference in August 2016.

William Pegg, had originally claimed a can of energy drink had hit him in the shoulder and back region after McGregor had thrown it a fellow UFC star Nate Diaz and missed.

He sued the Irishman in a Nevada civil court for $95,000. His attorneys indicated the amount consisted of $5,000 to cover medical costs, while the remaining $90,000 was calculated to be his share of the $15 million McGregor pocketed from UFC 202.

However, the security guard told a Nevada federal court on Monday that he had reached a settlement and the complaint was dismissed. According to the motion, both parties have agreed to pay attorney fees.

The case was first moved to the federal court by McGregor's attorneys, who were determined to keep their client's financial records private.

McGregor's last UFC bout ended in defeat as he failed to recapture the UFC lightweight title after he was beaten by Russia's Khabib Nurmagomedov in UFC 229 in Las Vegas in October

Following the fight, the attention quickly shifted away from the octagon as ugly scenes marred the aftermath of the bout. The fighters and their respective staff got involved in an all-out brawl.

Nurmagomedov and McGregor, who was suspended for a month on medical grounds following the fight, will face the Nevada State Athletic Commission on December 10 to answer complaints against them.

The duo could be hit with fines, suspensions and even community service.

Conor McGregor Ban: UFC Star Handed Six-Month Driving Ban, Fined $1,000 | Sports