Zoe Lister-Jones Accuses Chris Noth of 'Sexually Inappropriate' Behavior

Zoe Lister-Jones has accused Chris Noth of "sexually inappropriate" behavior, hours after sexual assault allegations were leveled at the actor.

On Thursday, The Hollywood Reporter published an article in which two women—who reportedly don't know each other—alleged that Noth, 67, had sexually assaulted them in 2004 and 2015, respectively.

Hours after the article was published, actress Lister-Jones, 39, labeled Noth a "sexual predator" as she shared her own allegations about the star, whose character James "Mr. Big" Preston recently died in Sex and the City spinoff And Just Like That...

In a series of text posts on her Instagram account, the Life In Pieces star wrote in the introductory slide: "Last week, my friend asked me how I felt about Mr. Big's death on And Just Like That, and I said, honestly, I felt relieved.

"He asked why and I told him it was because I couldn't separate the actor from the man, and the man is a sexual predator. My friend was alarmed at my word choice. And to be honest so was I.

"I hadn't thought of this man for so many years, and yet there was a virility in my language that came from somewhere deep and buried."

She then went on to recount how she worked at a New York City club owned by Noth when she was in her 20s, when they met. Noth was one of the co-owners of Manhattan club The Plumm from 2006 until its shuttering in 2009. He also co-owns music venue The Cutting Room.

While not naming the venue in question, Lister alleged that "on the few occasions [Noth] would show up, he was consistently sexually inappropriate with a fellow female promoter."

"That same year I was a guest star on Law and Order and it was his first episode returning as a detective after SATC," she went on. "He was drunk on set. During my interrogation scene he had a 22 oz. of beer under the table that he would drink in between takes.

"In one take he got close to me, sniffed my neck, and whispered, 'You smell good.' I didn't say anything. My friend at the club never said anything. It's so rare that we do."

Zoe Lister-Jones and Chris Noth
Zoe Lister-Jones (L) has accused Chris Noth (R) of "sexually inappropriate" behavior in an Instagram post shared hours after the release of a damning report, in which the actor was accused of sexually assaulting two women. CHRIS DELMAS/AFP via Getty Images;/Gotham/GC Images

"Part of being a woman in this world is taking a certain amount of pride in knowing how to handle yourself in these situations," Lister-Jones said in a follow-up slide. "In denying their impact as a means of survival. And burying the feelings that come with the transgressions that we have been taught are simply to be expected."

"My experiences are small in comparison to the accounts of assault that have so bravely been shared today," she said. "But navigating predation at any level is a burden all women have to bear. And for the most part there is no accountability, and no consequence.

"Chris Noth capitalized on the fantasy that women believed Mr. Big represented. And those fantasies often create environments where emotional confusion thrives.

"Perhaps Big's death is the communal grief we must all face in mourning that fantasy, in releasing that male archetype we as women have been fed through popular culture, and confronting its dark and pervasive underbelly."

Concluding her series of posts, Lister-Jones wrote: "F*** Mr. Big."

Newsweek has contacted a representative of Noth for comment.

In the aftermath of The Hollywood Reporter's article, Peloton and Ryan Reynolds have removed from their social media platforms a tongue-in-cheek ad that they recently collaborated with Noth on.

Responding to the allegations, Noth said to The Hollywood Reporter in a statement: "The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false.

"These stories could've been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago—no always means no—that is a line I did not cross. The encounters were consensual. It's difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don't know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women."

Ryan Reynolds
Ryan Reynolds attends the world premiere of Netflix's "Red Notice" at LA Live in Los Angeles on November 3, 2021. After the sexual assault allegations emerged, Reynolds deleted from his social media accounts a Peloton ad he had worked on with Chris Noth. PATRICK T. FALLON/AFP via Getty Images