Man Claiming to Be Astroworld Medic Shares Harrowing Details: 'No Pulse, No Breathing'

A man claiming to have worked as a medic at the Astroworld music festival has shared his own account of the tragic events that unfolded in Houston, Texas.

Eight people were killed and hundreds injured following a deadly surge within a crowd of nearly 50,000 people attending the Travis Scott festival on Friday, November 5.

A 9-year-old boy who was in attendance has been placed in a medically induced coma while a 22-year-old student who sustained serious injuries has since been declared brain dead.

While an investigation into the incident is ongoing, a man posting under the handle has taken to TikTok to share what he claims is his own first-hand account as a medic facing what he describes as "an impossible situation."

The first video can be viewed here:

The man, who is not named, said he was initially stationed with another medic at the entrance of Astroworld. He said around 30 minutes into Travis Scott's set they got a call saying: "hey we need backup by the stage."

Walking to the front of the stage, he recalled being "in the thick of the crowd" when someone grabbed his shoulder and told him "there's a girl passed out over there."

Approaching the stricken woman, he said someone told them "she's been down for 10 minutes" and that they were "not sure what's going on."

Checking on the woman he quickly discovered there was "no pulse, no breathing."

"She's been sitting there for 10 minutes, probably no pulse, no breathing, no oxygen to her brain," he said. "I can't just throw her over my back and escort her out of the crowd because it's a five minute hike into this damn crowd."

The man said he told the medic he was would stay with her while he got a crash cart bag—a bag of emergency medical supplies used in the emergency treatment of cardiopulmonary arrest.

Halfway back to where the stricken woman lay, the medic said he found "another medic performing CPR" on someone with "no pulse, no breathing."

The man said as an Emergency Medical Service worker he had a duty to assist the first woman he encountered so told the lone medic working on the second person that he would "come back" once he had treated the woman.

However, on his way to the woman he once again found another lone medic "performing one-man CPR on another man."

When he asked the medic where his partner was they said they were "taking care of another unconscious person" and told him "I need to do one-man CPR, I don't know how I am getting this person out of here."

The man said each of the three medics were "completely isolated from one another" with "no backboard" and "no way of getting out."

The man continued to paint paint a vivid picture of the chaos allegedly faced by medical staff in a second video, which can be viewed here.

"The radio wasn't working, the music was way too loud," he said. "I had called for backup and help so many times and it was just not going through."

Eventually he says all three people were escorted from the concert by police or event security, but it was clear to him that "being in this crowd was literally a life threat."

He recalled people reaching out to him with pleas like "help me I broke my foot" or "help me I dislocated my shoulder" but that he had to tell them he had to prioritize those in life-threatening situations.

The man said he later told medical personnel on site: "three people dropped in the span of 10 minutes that only I could see. There's like 50,000 people here and I witnessed three, only me. There's got to be more."

He said he went back into the crowd to "provide the best amount of care possible" and get people out of the crowd. The man said that, away from the most serious cases, he dealt with people who had suffered "broken feet" and others so concussed they "don't know their name" or "how to speak anymore."

"It was horrendous," he said.

Reflecting on the event, in a third video post, the alleged medic was highly critical of those who attended the festival. That clip can be watched here.

"There was zero crowd etiquette," he said. "They just wanted to get closer to the show, closer to Travis Scott, and do their thing. They didn't give a single damn about anyone around them."

He also rejected any suggestion that the medical staff on site could have done more, describing those who helped as the "absolute A-Team."

"They had two doctors, a SWAT physician, a ton of SWAT medics, seasoned paramedics and then the basics," he said. "If you could draw an A-Team from Houston that aren't doctors, they were there."

Writing in the comments alongside his video, the man later sought to clarify his comments explaining that "the blame isn't completely on the crowd" but rather a few "bad people" present who he said tried to "impede" the work of medical staff on the scene.

Newsweek has contacted for comment.

Crowd safety experts have attributed the crush to a "whole bunch of failures" while the authorities have discovered that protocols for a crowd surge were not listed in the Astroworld Festival's event operations plans.

There are now growing calls for an independent probe into the Astroworld tragedy amid concerns over a potential conflict of interest with police.

Travis Scott at the Astroworld Festival.
Travis Scott performing at the Astroworld Festival at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. Eight people died during a crowd surge at the concert. The rapper said he is "absolutely devastated" about the chaotic events that unfolded during his show, saying that Houston PD "has my total support as they continue to look into the tragic loss of life." Rick Kern/Getty